F22 Problems

Old February 3rd 04, 12:23 AM
Paul F Austin

Default F22 Problems

According to this week's AvWeek, DoD test & evaluation people listed several
concerns about the F/A-22. The test fleet is getting more and more different
from the production baseline, firecontrol problems and some hardware and
software reliability problems. No mention of flutter.

The same article said that the test community was getting increasingly
concerned about 35mm cannon firing modern (AHEAD or 4P) ammunition as a
threat to low fliers, especially helos.

Old February 3rd 04, 12:52 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Paul F Austin" wrote in message
. ..
According to this week's AvWeek, DoD test & evaluation people listed

several
concerns about the F/A-22. The test fleet is getting more and more

different
from the production baseline, firecontrol problems and some hardware and
software reliability problems.

How can that be?

No mention of flutter.

So, even if the problems the average person can understand are solved, the
airframe is still ****ed?

The same article said that the test community was getting increasingly
concerned about 35mm cannon firing modern (AHEAD or 4P) ammunition as a
threat to low fliers, especially helos.

War is dangerous.

Old February 3rd 04, 01:03 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Paul F Austin" wrote in message
. ..
According to this week's AvWeek, DoD test & evaluation people
listed several concerns about the F/A-22. The test fleet is getting
more and more different from the production baseline, firecontrol
problems and some hardware and software reliability problems.

How can that be?

....especially since the new Federal budget allocates the money for
full-rate production.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old February 3rd 04, 01:41 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Paul F Austin" wrote in message
. ..
According to this week's AvWeek, DoD test & evaluation people
listed several concerns about the F/A-22. The test fleet is getting
more and more different from the production baseline, firecontrol
problems and some hardware and software reliability problems.

How can that be?

...especially since the new Federal budget allocates the money for
full-rate production.

Sweet Georgia pork.

Old February 3rd 04, 02:10 AM
Chad Irby

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

How can that be?

...especially since the new Federal budget allocates the money for
full-rate production.

Sweet Georgia pork.

They saved a whole lot of money by not ever having to install those
strakes of yours.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old February 3rd 04, 03:19 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

How can that be?

...especially since the new Federal budget allocates the money for
full-rate production.

Sweet Georgia pork.

They saved a whole lot of money by not ever having to install those
strakes of yours.

They are not my strakes, but an idea of Lockmart's, well publicised.

Old February 4th 04, 01:04 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...

They saved a whole lot of money by not ever having to install those
strakes of yours.

They are not my strakes, but an idea of Lockmart's, well publicised.

....by, well, just you.

Of course, you've been telling us that they were installed, not just "an
idea," for a long time, and that the F-22 was going to be cancelled, and
you're still batting a nice safe 0.000 on that line...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old February 4th 04, 01:13 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...

They saved a whole lot of money by not ever having to install those
strakes of yours.

They are not my strakes, but an idea of Lockmart's, well publicised.

...by, well, just you.

I don't intend to provide you with any reference ever, Irby, as you are an
ass.

Now try and grow up and stop trying to make every thread about me.

I am sorry you are a loser and it makes you feel sad that I am one of the
top engineers in the industry.

Old February 4th 04, 10:39 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

I don't intend to provide you with any reference ever, Irby, as you are an
ass.

Funny - I thought you never posted references because you never seem to
*have* any references.

Now try and grow up and stop trying to make every thread about me.

....then stop posting that same old bull**** about the F-22 every time
someoen else mentiones it.

I am sorry you are a loser and it makes you feel sad that I am one of
the top engineers in the industry.

Which industry? Certainly not aerospace...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old February 5th 04, 02:27 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

I am sorry you are a loser and it makes you feel sad that I am one of
the top engineers in the industry.

Which industry? Certainly not aerospace...

My goodness.