Aircraft Engine Operating Guide

Old March 29th 05, 06:53 PM
Mark Hansen

Default Aircraft Engine Operating Guide

I'm trying to locate a copy of the Kas Thomas book

"Lightplane Maintenance: Aricraft Engine Operating Guide"

I found a review at Amazon.com from the author explaining that
the TAB edition of the book is a rip-off from his original book,
published by Belvoir Publications.

Does anyone know how I can locate a copy of the Belvoir edition
of this book? After several Google searches, I can only find
references to used copies through Amazon, which look like TAB
editions of the book.

Thanks,

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL
Sacramento, CA
Old March 29th 05, 11:06 PM
Stephen N Mills

Not wishing to sound, you know, like, stupid; but have you tried
contacting Belvoir?

Belvoir Publications * 75 Holly Hill Lane * Greenwich, CT 06836
USA
Tel: (203) 661-6111 * Fax: (203) 661-4802

- Steve

Old March 29th 05, 11:38 PM
Mark Hansen

On 3/29/2005 14:06, Stephen N Mills wrote:

Not wishing to sound, you know, like, stupid; but have you tried
contacting Belvoir?

Belvoir Publications * 75 Holly Hill Lane * Greenwich, CT 06836
USA
Tel: (203) 661-6111 * Fax: (203) 661-4802

Thanks for that - no I didn't think of it.

I did contact Light Plane Maintenance (the publisher of the Magazine)
and they said that the book was long out of print, and they have no
contact information on the author. Strange, as I thought Kas Thomas
started that site/magazine...

- Steve

Old March 30th 05, 12:23 AM
Mark Hansen

On 3/29/2005 14:38, Mark Hansen wrote:

On 3/29/2005 14:06, Stephen N Mills wrote:

Not wishing to sound, you know, like, stupid; but have you tried
contacting Belvoir?

Belvoir Publications * 75 Holly Hill Lane * Greenwich, CT 06836
USA
Tel: (203) 661-6111 * Fax: (203) 661-4802

Thanks for that - no I didn't think of it.

By the way, I contacted the publisher - no info there either.
I guess I'll just buy the TAB edition...

Old April 8th 05, 01:15 PM
Robbie S.

Try the following link and the search by Author "Kas Thomas", most of his
books will pop up in the search results.....

http://www.alibris.com/

....Robbie.

Old April 10th 05, 09:08 PM

If you go to your Lycoming Distributor, they will be happy to
give you a copy of the Lycoming Flyer Key Reprints. It contains
numerous articles on all aspects of operation of their engines, and a
lot of it could apply to operation of other brands, too. Interesting
stuff. For free.

Dan