THE DAY THE 344TH STOPPED PATTON

Old September 7th 03, 10:25 AM
B2431

Two days actually and he was nowhere near the camps. Now tell us what you

did
in the great war sniveling coward

For ten days actually, you forgot that I know someone who was there.

The 344th made a very costly mistake, in lives.

Tarver, knowing someone who was there doesn't back up your claim. Being there,
as Kramer was, makes his assertion it was 2 days more plausible.

Personally I have no idea when, where etc, but such incidents did happen. There
were innocent people killed when dumping bombs on more than one occassion.
There was a town in France that got tagged that way if memory serves. I don't
recall the specifics.

These things happen, but was the outcome of the war altered? Were any Allies
killed when the bombs were punched?

I won't say your military experience is meaningless, but you can listen to our
war stories all day long and you will never be able to grasp the horror and
fear we felt anymore than I as a male will ever understand the pain of
childbirth. I can tell you what it's like to hunker down in a hole while the
bad guys walked fire over me. Can you feel what I felt? Can you comprehend the
feeling of helplessness I had? Can you feel the rage I built up wanting to get
back at them? Of course not.

How about granting those who were there the benefit of the doubt rather than
arguing for argument's sake?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old September 7th 03, 12:41 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: THE DAY THE 344TH STOPPED PATTON
From: (B2431)
Date: 9/7/03 2:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time

[...]

Tarver could have volunteered for combat as his brave father did with the 101st
Airborne, But he never did, Instead he hid in a hanger out of harms way and has
at one time or another attacked every combat veteran on this NG. Probably out
of guilt at his own cowardice and shame at his own jealousy. He is generally
the laughing stock of this NG, as well he should be. And I am sure his father
takes no joy in his cowardly son. But those of us who have seen the elephant
know the truth of battle.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 7th 03, 03:43 PM
Larry Dighera

On 07 Sep 2003 03:07:32 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote in
He dumped his bomb load to lighten the plane.

That's what may have downed Glen Miller's aircraft too.

http://www.grimsociety.com/wayback/decwb.html
December 15th, 1944 - GLENN MILLER: MIA - Big Band Leader Glen
Miller's plane disappeared over the English Channel. In 1988 a retired
RAF engineer admitted he may have jettisoned some leftover bombs on
top of the entertainer's plane while returning home from a bombing
run.

http://www.netlondon.com/news/2000-7...536650802.html
--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,
Old September 7th 03, 05:25 PM
Tarver Engineering

"B2431" wrote in message

Two days actually and he was nowhere near the camps. Now tell us what

you
did
in the great war sniveling coward

For ten days actually, you forgot that I know someone who was there.

The 344th made a very costly mistake, in lives.

Tarver, knowing someone who was there doesn't back up your claim. Being

there,
as Kramer was, makes his assertion it was 2 days more plausible.

Art wasn't there, but my father was.