Parowan Region 9 Contest for 2008

Old December 17th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MickiMinner

Default Parowan Region 9 Contest for 2008

I have been getting lots of e-mails, questions etc...are we flying in
Parowan this year?
YES, Virginia there is a Santa Claus....

Parowan Region 9 North
June 21-28,
21st is practice day
No water ballast
all classes open, and will be determined by the number of registrants
by class
WEEKLY e-mail updates for the waiting list, 50 pilots allowed

I already have 2 registrants, but since they are both region 9, they
are automatically accepted per SSA regional competition rules and
regulations. I am keeping (as I did last year)...a list of
applications with the date of receipt of the application. This way, I
can make sure that every single pilot spot is filled. There is
normally a huge waiting list for flying in Parowan, so I wanted to
assure everyone that I will be monitoring that waiting list WEEKLY.
The last two weeks before the contest, I will be monitoring the wait
list on a Daily basis. Last year, I had to call people on the waiting
list 2 days before the contest (remember that JJ?).

Please download an application from the SSA Compitition website and
send it to me. I will accept applications via e-mail or snail mail.
Hopefully after the first of the year, I will be able to accept
applications on-line from the SSA website. the SSA website GURU,
Doug, said that he would work on the on-line registration from the
website....so hopefully, we can be the "test" to make that an EASY and
efficient way to register for contests! The Parowan Contest website
will be updated shortly, and starting this next month, the contest
will be in the Soaring Magazine Calendar.

Also, latest news from Parowan, is that they will NOT have the runway
extended by June, so we will have to wait to increase the number of
allowed pilots, or water ballast. Sorry guys and gals!

Because of the remote location of Parowan, we are arranging to have
meals brought in every night, instead of just a few nights. Besides
all of the regular attendees know that Jeff's applewood smoker is the
best food anywhere! Already made plans for the Eagle Guy!to return
with his majestic eagle, hawk and falcon. I have beeing trying to
arrange for, the local high school jazz band, and a local DJ to play
oldies one night.

Also, please join me in requesting that Karl (and Gavin if we can get
him) continue their GREAT soaring competition Strategy classes. Their
time and effort are appreciated by everyone!!!! Newbies and
experienced competition pilots alike!

Let's Fly Parowan in 2008!
Micki Minner