B-36!

Old December 7th 03, 11:03 AM
Cub Driver

Default B-36!

I went through the B-36 some years ago for a magazine article. The
deal was that I should be at the museum at eight a.m. and a docent
would take me through, and we would be done before it opened to the
public at nine.

Well, of course we weren't through by nine, and at one point I looked
back, and behold! two former B-36 crewmen were following us around!
They were fun to talk to, and told me a PG story about the urinal in
the 36.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 7th 03, 02:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, of course we weren't through by nine, and at one point I looked
back, and behold! two former B-36 crewmen were following us around!
They were fun to talk to, and told me a PG story about the urinal in
the 36.

Which I certainly hope you intend to share with us? :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 7th 03, 06:00 PM
Corrie

Over on Delphi there is a forum of former B-36 crewmen - FASCINATING
reading. http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...=%2FB3 6forum
The moderator is Don Pyeatt, who published the CD-ROM book about the
restoration of "The Last Peacemaker" #52-827 - the lovingly-restored
(and now homeless) '36 in Ft. Worth.

Corrie

Old December 7th 03, 10:51 PM
Cub Driver

Well, of course we weren't through by nine, and at one point I looked
back, and behold! two former B-36 crewmen were following us around!
They were fun to talk to, and told me a PG story about the urinal in
the 36.

Which I certainly hope you intend to share with us? :-)

Sure, why not?

The urinal was back in the crew compartment, which was connected to
Officers' Country by a tube with a little cart in it.

So back through the tunnel comes an officer who has never been in a
B-36 before. He's a bit uptight about peeing in front of the Enlisted
Men, and he's been pretty arrogant all along, so nobody bothers to
tell him that the urinal holds about six ounces, and you have to press
the relief value to exhaust it to the outside.

So he fires away, the urinal fills to the top, and it overflows,
filling his sheepskin-lined flight boot. Still unwilling to unbend, he
zips up and squishes back to the tunnel for the trip back to Officers'
Country.

(Perhaps it was funnier at 9:15 a.m. inside a B-36.)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 8th 03, 02:38 AM
Jay Honeck

So he fires away, the urinal fills to the top, and it overflows,
filling his sheepskin-lined flight boot. Still unwilling to unbend, he
zips up and squishes back to the tunnel for the trip back to Officers'
Country.

Good one, Dan! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 8th 03, 05:10 AM
Big John

Dan

I've told the story before but had the same technical problem first
time I used the relief tube in a F-80. Ended filling the funnel up and
holding both it and my bladder while I landed some time later. (

Got briefed on how system worked by crew chief and never ran into the
problem again G

Big John

and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com