Skymaster MEL

Old April 22nd 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Skymaster MEL

Posibly a dumb question and one that has been answered before. I did a
quick search and did not find the answer.
If you did all your twin training in a Skymaster and received you MEL
would you be limited to inline thrust twins or is a "normal" MEL? If
it is inline thrust only how are would it be to change to all twins.
Reason I am asking is I may have a chance to do some training in a
Skymaster and I am wondering if it is worth it to get my MEL.

Old April 22nd 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin[_2_]

john smith wrote in news:462b9a44$0$17204
:

What do you mean by MEL?

Minimum Equipment List?

You're not Steven McNicoll in disguise, are you?

Old April 22nd 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

John Godwin wrote:

You're not Steven McNicoll in disguise, are you?

No, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn recently.
It took me awhile to guess that the OP was using the abreviation MEL to
mean Multi Engine Licence.
Since there is no such thing, it confused me.
Minimum Equipment List is the most common meaning for MEL and is
applicable to higher performance aircraft than the low powered single
engines.
If English not the primary language of the OP, then there is an excuse
for the faux pax.
Instead of chastising the OP (as others on this group are oft to do) I
simply asked for clarification in a not threatening manner.
Old April 22nd 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

"john smith" wrote in message
john smith wrote in news:462b9a44$0$17204

No, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn recently.
It took me awhile to guess that the OP was using the abreviation MEL to
mean Multi Engine Licence.

Try Multi-Engine Land on for size.

SEL/SES/MEL/MES - Single Engine Land / Single Engine Sea / and so forth for
multis

Since there is no such thing, it confused me.

I just pulled my old, yellowed certificate out of hiding to check and yes it
does say "Airplane Multiengine Land" along with a section on the reverse
side labeled "Replacement of Certificate". Not a word anywhere about
license.

Old April 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

John Godwin wrote:

You're not Steven McNicoll in disguise, are you?

No, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn recently.
It took me awhile to guess that the OP was using the abreviation MEL to
mean Multi Engine Licence.
Since there is no such thing, it confused me.
Minimum Equipment List is the most common meaning for MEL and is
applicable to higher performance aircraft than the low powered single
engines.
If English not the primary language of the OP, then there is an excuse
for the faux pax.
Instead of chastising the OP (as others on this group are oft to do) I
simply asked for clarification in a not threatening manner.

MEL - Multi Engine Land. As in AMEL.
Old April 22nd 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

john smith wrote
It took me awhile to guess that the OP was using the abreviation MEL to
mean Multi Engine Licence.

No, he was referring to Multi-Engine-Land, a rating placed on
a Pilot Certificate.

Bob Moore
ATP CFII

Skymaster-type kits? Home Built 7 January 24th 04 12:23 AM
Pressurized Skymaster Owning 2 August 31st 03 04:08 PM