DG1000/2

Old December 10th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default DG1000/2

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/news/article/mps/uan/617

DG-1000 - When Simon Cocker builds a glider, he builds a GLIDER! As
his account of this awesome 1/2 scale soarer project testifies.

Someone in the UK seen this?

Frank Whiteley
Old December 10th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Frank,

Very cool! In the link you provided below I didn't show me much about the
project. Do you need to be a member of that site?

I did find a nice report he
http://www.scalesoaring.co.uk/GLASS/...te/Report.html

I did find some more nice photos of the glider he

http://www.scalepilots.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=16

My favorite photo of it is he
http://www.scalepilots.com/gallery/d...670&fullsize=1

I imagine you really have to trust the friends that help you launch such a
large glider model.

I found another interesting article he
http://www.townelineproductions.com/...6SwissAlps.pdf

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old December 10th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

That is amazing! If I didn't know it was a scale model looking at the
in-air photos you couldn't convince me otherwise.
Old December 10th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Paul,

Thanks for the other links. I tried a quick search last night, but
didn't come up with anything. The gallery of images is great. During
my first USAF tour of the UK, one of the glider pilots built models
for the movie and television industry. During my second tour we
typically spent at least one day each year at the London Model
Engineering Exhibition. It's moved from New Year's to Jan 16-18, 2009
at Alexandria Palace. Just an incredible place to spend a day or two.

Frank

I did find a nice report hehttp://www.scalesoaring.co.uk/GLASS/...DG1000/Site/Re...

I found another interesting article hehttp://www.townelineproductions.com/...ring/07-06Swis...

Old December 10th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

While I completely agree these guy's plastic toys big enough to stick
a dog in are indeed super cool, this one wins my award for shear
fanaticism. http://www.retroplane.net/frankfort-model/page1.htm
Here's info on the plane it's a model of:
http://www.retroplane.net/cinema2/accueil.htm It's only 1/4 scale,
but it's 1/4 SCALE, down to the tubing, linkages, and hinges,
controlled from servos connected to the scale control column/rudder
pedals. Sheesh, talk about too much time on one's hands...here's more
from the group the Cinema guy is with: http://www.retroplane.net/index.htm

-Paul
Old December 10th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Paul

Wow! Amazing! What a craftsman!

Paul Remde

Old December 10th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Wow! *Amazing! *What a craftsman!

And now the 'real' nuts: http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Park.htm
(not gliders, but damn...) I would care to venture that these are the
NICEST model Corsairs and Mustang ever made, at least in 1/16 scale...

The list of distinguished modelmakers he is honored amongst has some
extremely impressive models/model makers,
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/modelmus.htm , which are part of a
greater society of craftsmen:
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/

And a personal fav of mine the http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Jordan..htm
(scale machinery to maintain the scale gliders/cars/machinery etc ;-)

-Paul (sisu1a)

And of course the scene would not be complete without a true 1/3 scale
Ferarri for the 1/3 scale pilots to arrive to the 1/3 scale airfield
in:
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Scerri.htm
Old December 10th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"sisu1a" wrote in message

While I completely agree these guy's plastic toys big enough to stick
a dog in are indeed super cool, this one wins my award for shear
fanaticism.http://www.retroplane.net/frankfort-model/page1.htm
Here's info on the plane it's a model of:
http://www.retroplane.net/cinema2/accueil.htm*It's only 1/4 scale,
but it's 1/4 SCALE, down to the tubing, linkages, and hinges,
controlled from servos connected to the scale control column/rudder
pedals. Sheesh, talk about too much time on one's hands...here's more
from the group the Cinema guy is with:http://www.retroplane.net/index.htm

-Paul- Hide quoted text -

I know this has no soaring content, and you may have seen it, but this
is truly amazing craftsmenship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYRa0pqxlw
Old December 10th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell

And here's my candidate for the best-of-the-best:

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/spitfiremkidg_1.htm

Old December 11th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Dec 10, 2:46*pm, Pat Russell wrote:
And here's my candidate for the best-of-the-best:

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/spitfiremkidg_1.htm

And here's my candidate for the craziest scale models...

A running 1/5th scale Merlin. Be sure to check out the video on this
page as well.
http://www.enginehistory.org/merlin_xx.htm

The same guy is also working on a Rolls Royce Eagle engine.
http://www.enginehistory.org/eagle_22.htm

Pete