is there a NOTAM for a no-fly zone over the Arkansas oil spill.

Old April 4th 13, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default is there a NOTAM for a no-fly zone over the Arkansas oil spill.

Rumor has it that the FCC has issued a NOTAM for the area over the Arkansas oil pipeline spill. Is that true?

Sorry, I am not a pilot so I don't know where to go to find the official statement on these. Directing me to that, would also be much appreciated.

--

FF
Old April 4th 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Fred the Red Shirt

On Apr 4, 5:22*pm, wrote:
Rumor has it that the FCC has issued a NOTAM for the area over the Arkansas oil pipeline spill. * Is that true?

Sorry, I am not a pilot so I don't know where to go to find the official statement on these. *Directing me to that, would also be much appreciated..

--

FF

Found it:

FDC 3/9344 ZME AR.. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS MAYFLOWER, AR. EFFECTIVE
IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)
(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR OIL PIPELINE
RUPTURE ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF TOM
SUHRHOFF ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE AT AND BELOW 1000 FEET AGL
WITHIN A 5 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 345855N/0922642W OR THE LITTLE
ROCK /LIT/ VORTAC 319 DEGREE RADIAL AT 22.4 NAUTICAL MILES TOM
SUHRHOFF TELEPHONE 713-299-2572 ISIN CHARGE OF ON SCENE EMERGENCY
RESPONSE ACTIVITY. MEMPHIS /ZME/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 901-368-8234 IS, THE
FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWe...earchAction.do