Glider Pilot Running for US President

Old February 19th 04, 12:52 AM
John Shelton

The deuce was a relatively easy airplane to fly as almost all military
planes are. I think it's funny that a guy who shoots touch-and-go's in
variable wind in a Champ---or someone who does aerobatics in a 220
Stearman---or flies cancelled checks in a Beech 18--or used to fly a Newport
in The Great War would think he is a lesser pilot than a military jet
fighter pilot. I crawled into a Mach 2 fighter with around 250 hours flying
time. Hell, I wouldn't loan my glider to a guy with 250 hours. When I owned
a cropdusting company, I wouldn't hire a pilot who hadn't crashed a plane or
been cited for drift damage yet.

The missions are tougher and the outcome is often more grisly and the
demands to think fast are higher but as far as stick and rudder?...no.

An F-102 might be a better airplane than your Discus but that has no bearing
on the ability of the pilot.

"Vorsanger1" wrote in message
The original message was that "he was not much of a pilot". The original
questions remain: how does the poster know, what are the sources ?

As far as I am concerned, anyone, and I mean anyone, who qualifies to fly

an
F-102 is more of a pilot than I am.

Cheers, Charles

Old February 19th 04, 01:08 AM
Shawn Curry

Duane Eisenbeiss wrote:
"Shawn Curry" wrote in message

Jack wrote:

On 2/18/04 4:26 PM, in article eERYb.72935$uV3.528251@attbi_s51, "Shawn
Curry" wrote:

................ but its not very American to vote for the dead (despite

history).

Cheers,
Shawn

You are not from Chicago are you.

Hehehehe No.
Old February 19th 04, 02:15 AM
Greg Arnold

Vorsanger1 wrote:

The original message was that "he was not much of a pilot". The original
questions remain: how does the poster know, what are the sources ?

As far as I am concerned, anyone, and I mean anyone, who qualifies to fly an
F-102 is more of a pilot than I am.

Cheers, Charles

A "fighter pilot" is someone who begs for more F-102 time, not someone
who decides to bring his flying career to an early end. Saying that
Bush was a "fighter pilot" is like saying that you are a "soaring pilot"
if you have your license but would rather do anything than fly gliders.

..

Old February 19th 04, 03:30 AM
Steve Bralla

writes:

You believe what you read in Mother Jones?

Never! Rush told me not to.
Old February 19th 04, 04:06 AM
Kilo Charlie

"Steve Bralla" wrote in message
writes:

You believe what you read in Mother Jones?

Never! Rush told me not to.

And to jail all those drug addicts that use oxycontin too eh?!

Old February 19th 04, 07:03 AM
Christian Husvik

Stewart Kissel wrote:

Let's remember this is not an USA only discussion group,

Aren't the rest of us granted the right to vote in the US presidential
election soon anyway? I mean, since the USA seems to control so much of
what's going on in the world, it's only fair that we have a say in how
you are governing yourselves and us ;-)

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one. He would be less likely to
involve your country in another one.

Christian 8-)

Old February 19th 04, 05:18 PM
Nyal Williams

C,mon guys! This is an international newsgroup about
gliding. Unless we're going to run KS for President,
let's drop this thread.

Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
WINGS: When do the clocks start ticking? Andrew Gideon Piloting 6 February 3rd 04 03:01 PM