Senator Schumer now personally handles noise complaints

Old July 15th 05, 05:31 PM
iflyatiger

Default Senator Schumer now personally handles noise complaints

I guess Senator Schumer has so much free time that he is personally handling
noise complaints !
Every day of the year I hear the train blow it's whistle and I hear the
noise of the engine when it goes past my neighborhood..

What do you think should I give him a call and have him come to my house and
then we can get the long island railroad on the phone and demand that they
stop this noise! Sure..

Also notice how these guys are using every opportunity to pull out the
homeland security card ..

"Aero-News Network: The Aviation and Aerospace World's Daily/Real-Time News
and Information Service An article from Aero-News.net

Sen. Schumer Demands New Restrictions On Long Island Helicopter Flight Fri,
15 Jul '05

Says Noise Is Too Much -- They Should Fly Over Water
Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) says enough is enough -- low-flying helicopters
over Long Island have to go.

"Tens of thousands of Long Islanders are affected by this phenomenon. It's
annoying and disruptive," Schumer said, quoted in the Suffolk Life
newspaper. "The helicopter companies should be routed to fly over the
water."

Schumer has written FAA Administrator Marion Blakey, demanding the airspace
over Long Island be redesigned to incorporate such a change.

The New York senator doesn't think asking helicopter pilots to fly over
water is a problem.

"If helicopters have to add a few extra minutes onto their flight by flying
over water, so be it," he said. "There's no reason [the FAA] shouldn't
[enact the proposed legislation]."

Schumer, along with Brookhaven Town Supervisor John LaVelle, spoke to
reporters from the backyard of a neighborhood activist who was fed up with
noise from low-flying helos.

Not one flew over the woman's yard during the entire news conference,
according to the Suffolk Life.

"We need to look at this from a perspective of homeland security," LaValle
said. "There is no question that it is an issue when we're dealing with
things in flight."

Schumer wants Blakey to incorporate Long Island noise abatement procedures
as part of the overdue redesign of the airspace over New York City.

FMI: www.faa.gov, http://schumer.senate.gov Portions Copyright (c) 1999-2005
by Aero-News Network, Inc. All rights reserved.

Old July 15th 05, 05:45 PM
DonSideB

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:31:34 -0400, "iflyatiger"
wrote:

I guess Senator Schumer has so much free time that he is personally handling
noise complaints !

There are two places you should never allow yourself to be, between a
mama grizzley and her cub, and between Chuck Schummer and a
microphone.

Don Tabor
Old July 15th 05, 08:10 PM
kontiki

Schumer always reminds me of the proverbial court jester.
Always attempting to amuze the king and the "royal" court...
grinning, smiling behind others... always in attempt to
retain his job and remain in good graces with his bosses
and subjects. What a puke...

I wonder what he'd be doing if he had to get a real job?
I sure as hell wouldn't hire him.

Old July 15th 05, 08:19 PM
kontiki

"We need to look at this from a perspective of homeland security," LaValle
said. "There is no question that it is an issue when we're dealing with
things in flight."

Birds are always crapping on my car, that ****es me off. We need to enact
legislation to STOP these flying things from endangering people and their
property. Surely we can expand the powers of the Homeland [in]Security
Administration to address this issue.

Old July 16th 05, 04:08 AM
Matt Barrow

"iflyatiger" wrote in message
I guess Senator Schumer has so much free time that he is personally

handling
noise complaints !
Every day of the year I hear the train blow it's whistle and I hear the
noise of the engine when it goes past my neighborhood..

Try living near a elementary school.

Old July 16th 05, 04:28 PM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

Try living near a elementary school.

Yeah. There's a kid next door that can break eardrums.

I recall hearing a report many years back to the effect that being a playground
monitor or teacher at elementary schools could result in hearing damage. One
little girl registered well over 150 decibels with her scream.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old July 18th 05, 03:31 PM
Marco Leon

That's a great description of the guy. He's a pure politician that
constantly says what the people want to hear no matter how ridiculous or
impossible to implement. He loves to cater to all those people with little
information and lots of emotion.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 22nd 05, 12:49 PM
Garner Miller

In article , Marco Leon wrote:

That's a great description of the guy. He's a pure politician that
constantly says what the people want to hear no matter how ridiculous or
impossible to implement. He loves to cater to all those people with little
information and lots of emotion.

He took credit for "Bringing Jetblue to New York" in his campaign ads.
Aside from the fact that it's a gross exaggeration, the enticement was
to give them free rent for a period, discounted landing fees, etc.
These "low-cost" startups are only low-cost because of TAXPAYER
SUBSIDIES. You're paying for their costs whether you buy a ticket or
not. That's criminal.

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI
Old July 22nd 05, 12:52 PM
Peter R.

Garner Miller wrote:

These "low-cost" startups are only low-cost because of TAXPAYER
SUBSIDIES. You're paying for their costs whether you buy a ticket or
not. That's criminal.

So, I am a criminal for paying my taxes?

--
Peter

Old July 22nd 05, 01:16 PM
Garner Miller

In article , Peter R.
wrote:

These "low-cost" startups are only low-cost because of TAXPAYER
SUBSIDIES. You're paying for their costs whether you buy a ticket or
not. That's criminal.

So, I am a criminal for paying my taxes?

No, the politicians are criminals for using that tax money to
artificially lower one company's price in what's supposed to be a
competitive marketplace. The same thing happened in Miami with ATA,
and DFW airport is trying to lure Southwest with a $22 million package.

I don't begrudge the airlines; who would say no to a government
handout, especially when you're trying to get a new company off the
ground? No, I begrudge the politicians who play that game.

I could open a Dunkin Donuts and charge less than all the other stores
in town if I didn't have to pay my rent and personal property tax for a
year. See the parallel?

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI