Double C-141 Loss Date

Old March 3rd 04, 03:46 PM
John Banister

Default Double C-141 Loss Date

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife and I
were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Old March 3rd 04, 06:25 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 08:46:17 -0600, "John Banister"
wrote:

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife and I
were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Here's a list of all C-141 losses (22 of them).
http://aviation-safety.net/database/...datekey&page=1

It appears the date was 28 Aug 1976. One in UK, one in Greenland.
Interesting that they were sequential tail numbers.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
Old March 3rd 04, 06:28 PM
Ed Rasimus

wrote:

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife and I
were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Oopps. Also notice a pair lost on 30 November 1992.

Old March 3rd 04, 07:56 PM
Kevin Brooks

wrote:

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife and

were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Here's a list of all C-141 losses (22 of them).

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...datekey&page=1

It appears the date was 28 Aug 1976. One in UK, one in Greenland.
Interesting that they were sequential tail numbers.

Might want to try: http://aviation-safety.net/database/index.html

And then go to military transports, followed by C-141. When I tried your
link, Ed, I got an error message--it may not be possible to access that
particular database list via external link.

Old March 4th 04, 07:54 AM
John Keeney

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife

and
were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Here's a list of all C-141 losses (22 of them).

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...datekey&page=1

It appears the date was 28 Aug 1976. One in UK, one in Greenland.
Interesting that they were sequential tail numbers.

Might want to try: http://aviation-safety.net/database/index.html

And then go to military transports, followed by C-141. When I tried your
link, Ed, I got an error message--it may not be possible to access that
particular database list via external link.

Worked for me.
And to prove it I'll point out to Ed that 67-0008 does not come
*directly after* 67-0006: 67-0007 should be between them.

There is another double on the list: 30-Nov-1992, a midair.

Old March 4th 04, 02:44 PM
Kevin Brooks

wrote:

Can anyone remember the date (month or year ok) that the USAF lost

two
C-141's on the same day. I lost a buddy on one of those, and my wife

and
were trying to remember when it happened. She remember 75-76, and I
remember a few years later. TIA.

-John

Here's a list of all C-141 losses (22 of them).

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...datekey&page=1

It appears the date was 28 Aug 1976. One in UK, one in Greenland.
Interesting that they were sequential tail numbers.

Might want to try: http://aviation-safety.net/database/index.html

And then go to military transports, followed by C-141. When I tried your
link, Ed, I got an error message--it may not be possible to access that
particular database list via external link.

Worked for me.

Yeah, it did for me too...the second time. First time it got me to the site,
but would not display the database record (had an error message regarding
SQL error).

Brooks

Old March 4th 04, 03:03 PM
Jim Baker

wrote:

[...]

30 Nov 92 was a particularly bad night for the USAF. Two C-141s and a B-1B
lost.

JB

Old March 4th 04, 04:12 PM
John

John Keeney wrote:

Might want to try: http://aviation-safety.net/database/index.html

And then go to military transports, followed by C-141. When I tried your
link, Ed, I got an error message--it may not be possible to access that
particular database list via external link.

Worked for me.
And to prove it I'll point out to Ed that 67-0008 does not come
*directly after* 67-0006: 67-0007 should be between them.

There is another double on the list: 30-Nov-1992, a midair.

Worked for me as well, and answered a couple of other long
standing questions I had too. (30+ years worth)

Found the tail numbers and accident dates of two aircraft at Ft Campbell
in the 60's, a C-130B and a C-124. we had the hulks of both on the hill
behind our barracks, they were moved there after being stripped, and
set in place to be used for airloading training.
gone to the shredders now, was down there last year for a visit with my
old unit.. place has really changed & grown.

Old March 5th 04, 03:20 PM
John Banister

Thanks, for the good info. It was the day before our wedding anniversary,
and we got the news the next day. Long time gone.

-John