For Sale: Pilatus B4 with trailer, new finish.

Old July 18th 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default For Sale: Pilatus B4 with trailer, new finish.

s/n 237. Mfg 1976, TT 1650 hrs. Retractable gear.

BALL and Cambridge varios, iCOM radio, Winter ASI. Oxygen system. Easy to rig, though this is not the ship for you if you want to rig it on your own!

Working, closed all-metal trailer with near tires incl a spare. Always hangared - owned since 1986 by Pittsburgh Soaring Club. Last annual and maintenance/repairs performed by Gehrlein. The glider was completely refinished in 2006: the finish is impeccable. Repairs only to the nose cone, and replacement of a wing tip.

In current annual.

Located at Bandel (22D) near Pittsburgh, PA.

Pictures available he http://tinyurl.com/89n7e22

Asking $17,300.

Inquiries: , or 412 417 0529
Old February 18th 13, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:41:17 AM UTC-6, David Reitter wrote:
s/n 237. Mfg 1976, TT 1650 hrs. Retractable gear. BALL and Cambridge varios, iCOM radio, Winter ASI. Oxygen system. Easy to rig, though this is not the ship for you if you want to rig it on your own! Working, closed all-metal trailer with near tires incl a spare. Always hangared - owned since 1986 by Pittsburgh Soaring Club. Last annual and maintenance/repairs performed by Gehrlein. The glider was completely refinished in 2006: the finish is impeccable. Repairs only to the nose cone, and replacement of a wing tip. In current annual. Located at Bandel (22D) near Pittsburgh, PA. Pictures available he http://tinyurl.com/89n7e22 Asking $17,300. Inquiries: , or 412 417 0529

Hi David, is this B4 still for sale? if it is I may be interested in purchasing her. Flew a B4 back at PGC and liked it very much.

John Boyce
Santa Fe
New Mexico 505 428 1438

Old February 18th 13, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

This glider is no longer on Wings and Wheels so I'm guessing it has been sold. Too bad, it looked like a good deal. If I had been back from Germany I might have pursued it. Aerobatic and soar able..

Terry
Old February 18th 13, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

On Monday, February 18, 2013 1:35:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi David, is this B4 still for sale? if it is I may be interested in purchasing her.
Flew a B4 back at PGC and liked it very much.

It was sold last summer, shipped in December and should fly at its new home in Santiago, Chile any day now. A nice glider, indeed!

Old February 18th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roel Baardman

On gliders like the PIK20 I would like to note that they are perhaps not so ideal for a beginning aerobatic pilot. Look up the DG-303 acro manual for similar warnings.

Points which I find less-than-ideal:
- The reclined position makes one less G-aware.
- The efficient design makes the glider pick up speed rapidly. This may give you bigger vertical uplines, but also makes the room for error in downlines smaller.
- Flexing wings are not ideal for judging angles. During stall-turns for example, I find it difficult to judge a line correctly. When I relax backpressure, the wing changes shape.

I would rather recommend a design like the SZD-59 (although I have never flown it).

Roel
A Pilatus B4AF owner btw.
Old February 18th 13, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, February 18, 2013 12:35:54 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Hi David, is this B4 still for sale? if it is I may be interested in purchasing her. Flew a B4 back at PGC and liked it very much.

John Boyce Santa Fe New Mexico

There is another B4 for sale. Same general part of the US. Has recently been "re-finished". I think it is being sold with the formerly complete trailer. You might even know the previous owner.

http://www.aigaviation.com/aviations...SalvageId=1531

Sorry. A little gallows humor.

Steve

Old February 18th 13, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Feb 18, 11:56*am, Steve Leonard wrote:

Sorry. * A little gallows humor.

Steve

By the way, you must have seen the SZD-56 on the same site. Any
thoughts on it? It sure seems like there is a lot of damage in a lot
of different areas on that ship.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old February 18th 13, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, February 18, 2013 4:14:34 PM UTC-6, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

By the way, you must have seen the SZD-56 on the same site. Any thoughts on it? It sure seems like there is a lot of damage in a lot of different areas on that ship. Thanks, Bob K.

Have no opinion on it. Ask Monty or Heinz. I gather they did an inspection, based on the salvage listing. Then, there is the poor ASH-25Mi on the list. Ask Rex about it, if you are interested.

Steve
Old March 22nd 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
dmccoach1

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:41:17 PM UTC-4, David Reitter wrote:
s/n 237. Mfg 1976, TT 1650 hrs. Retractable gear.

BALL and Cambridge varios, iCOM radio, Winter ASI. Oxygen system. Easy to rig, though this is not the ship for you if you want to rig it on your own!

Working, closed all-metal trailer with near tires incl a spare. Always hangared - owned since 1986 by Pittsburgh Soaring Club. Last annual and maintenance/repairs performed by Gehrlein. The glider was completely refinished in 2006: the finish is impeccable. Repairs only to the nose cone, and replacement of a wing tip.

In current annual.

Located at Bandel (22D) near Pittsburgh, PA.

Pictures available he http://tinyurl.com/89n7e22

Asking $17,300.

Inquiries: , or 412 417 0529

Hi David, I know this is an old ad. but did you sell the Pilatus?