15m Trailer Needed for Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6

Old February 7th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill

Default 15m Trailer Needed for Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6

Hello All,

My 1981 Bikle trailer for my Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6 was heavily damaged by a tornado late last year. Luckily the glider was in a hangar. I'm looking for a replacement trailer. I'd like to replace it with a good condition Cobra or Komet. Yes, I know they're hard to find, aren't cheap, and sell quickly. Before I pursue the new trailer route I thought I'd check with the group.

Unfortunately, near new or very good used trailers are available due to the former contents being destroyed or damaged beyond economical repair. If you've got a nice trailer with no glider please click on the drop down box next to the reply arrow and select "Reply privately to author" and let me know what you've got and your asking price. I've also placed a Wanted ad on Wings and Wheels.

Thanks,

George
Old February 7th 19, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:33:22 PM UTC-6, George Underhill wrote:
[...]

In case you don't find anything here in the US, Germany might be an option:

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/ind...&sCategory=125

Cars are being shipped both ways by ferries between Hamburg and the US all the time, why not an empty trailer, provided someone is willing to arrange the shipping for you.
Old February 7th 19, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 8:18:11 PM UTC-8, Tom BravoMike wrote:
[...]

If a trailer is purchased in Europe, post on RAS that space for a glider or parts is available. Share the shipping cost.
Jim
Old February 7th 19, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:18:11 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the information Tom. I hadn't considered a used trailer from Europe. I've only inquired about new Cobra and Komet trailers.

Take care,

George

Old February 7th 19, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:46:41 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
[...]

Another good idea Jim. Thanks.

George
Old February 7th 19, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

The is a nice komet trailer listed at the bottom of the page below, in Australia, virtually unused, seen it myself. At Waikerie.
https://glidingaustralia.org/2016-02-26-00-49-08.
Old February 7th 19, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 11:55:20 PM UTC-5, George Underhill wrote:
[...]

should you import a used trailer from Germany, make sure you get the title and a Certificate of Conformity from the manufacturer. That makes obtaining a US title much easier. I live in SC and no license plate is required for glider or boat trailers. However, if you intend to take it across state lines, you need a proper tag. The process here was pretty straight forward.

Uli
'AS'
Old February 7th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

You might try contacting the willamat valley soaring club. I think they still have an empty trailer that used to house a DG-100.
Old February 8th 19, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The trailer Steve has listed on Wings & Wheels is set up for an ASH-31, not a DG-800.

FAA proposes AD on Schempp-Hirth Discus 2 and Ventus 2 Mark628CA Soaring 8 May 8th 16 11:33 PM
Schempp-Hirth 2a/2b cockpit fit vs ASW-20? [email protected] Soaring 14 April 9th 12 01:46 PM
schempp-hirth shk-1 shkdriver Soaring 3 September 5th 08 03:38 AM
Schempp-Hirth Mel Dawson Soaring 0 February 15th 06 05:08 PM
4SALE: Schempp-Hirth Ventus B Pat Russette Soaring 0 September 6th 05 03:24 AM