A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

15m Trailer Needed for Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6

Old February 7th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill
external usenet poster

Default 15m Trailer Needed for Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6

Hello All,

My 1981 Bikle trailer for my Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6 was heavily damaged by a tornado late last year. Luckily the glider was in a hangar. I'm looking for a replacement trailer. I'd like to replace it with a good condition Cobra or Komet. Yes, I know they're hard to find, aren't cheap, and sell quickly. Before I pursue the new trailer route I thought I'd check with the group.

Unfortunately, near new or very good used trailers are available due to the former contents being destroyed or damaged beyond economical repair. If you've got a nice trailer with no glider please click on the drop down box next to the reply arrow and select "Reply privately to author" and let me know what you've got and your asking price. I've also placed a Wanted ad on Wings and Wheels.

Thanks,

George
Old February 7th 19, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:33:22 PM UTC-6, George Underhill wrote:
Hello All,

My 1981 Bikle trailer for my Schempp-Hirth Ventus b 16.6 was heavily damaged by a tornado late last year. Luckily the glider was in a hangar. I'm looking for a replacement trailer. I'd like to replace it with a good condition Cobra or Komet. Yes, I know they're hard to find, aren't cheap, and sell quickly. Before I pursue the new trailer route I thought I'd check with the group.

Unfortunately, near new or very good used trailers are available due to the former contents being destroyed or damaged beyond economical repair. If you've got a nice trailer with no glider please click on the drop down box next to the reply arrow and select "Reply privately to author" and let me know what you've got and your asking price. I've also placed a Wanted ad on Wings and Wheels.

Thanks,

George

In case you don't find anything here in the US, Germany might be an option:

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/ind...&sCategory=125

Cars are being shipped both ways by ferries between Hamburg and the US all the time, why not an empty trailer, provided someone is willing to arrange the shipping for you.
Old February 7th 19, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 8:18:11 PM UTC-8, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

George

Cars are being shipped both ways by ferries between Hamburg and the US all the time, why not an empty trailer, provided someone is willing to arrange the shipping for you.

If a trailer is purchased in Europe, post on RAS that space for a glider or parts is available. Share the shipping cost.
Jim
Old February 7th 19, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:18:11 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

George

Thanks for the information Tom. I hadn't considered a used trailer from Europe. I've only inquired about new Cobra and Komet trailers.

Take care,

George

Old February 7th 19, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:46:41 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 8:18:11 PM UTC-8, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

George

If a trailer is purchased in Europe, post on RAS that space for a glider or parts is available. Share the shipping cost.
Jim

Another good idea Jim. Thanks.

George
Old February 7th 19, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

The is a nice komet trailer listed at the bottom of the page below, in Australia, virtually unused, seen it myself. At Waikerie.
https://glidingaustralia.org/2016-02-26-00-49-08.
Old February 7th 19, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 11:55:20 PM UTC-5, George Underhill wrote:
On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:18:11 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

George

Thanks for the information Tom. I hadn't considered a used trailer from Europe. I've only inquired about new Cobra and Komet trailers.

Take care,

George

George,

should you import a used trailer from Germany, make sure you get the title and a Certificate of Conformity from the manufacturer. That makes obtaining a US title much easier. I live in SC and no license plate is required for glider or boat trailers. However, if you intend to take it across state lines, you need a proper tag. The process here was pretty straight forward.

Uli
'AS'
Old February 7th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air
external usenet poster

You might try contacting the willamat valley soaring club. I think they still have an empty trailer that used to house a DG-100.
Old February 8th 19, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

The trailer Steve has listed on Wings & Wheels is set up for an ASH-31, not a DG-800.