Desktop Wallpaper - Eagle, Raptor and Mustang

Old June 17th 05, 07:06 PM
4-Example

"Quilljar" wrote in message

You can make wallpaper to span any size providing you have the right
graphics card.

I guess the card is the key. The dual display ATI's I've used won't do
this.

Old June 17th 05, 08:55 PM
Quilljar

I presume you have right clicked on your desktop and gone into
Properties/Settings and changed the screen size to double?

Yrs
Quilly

"Siks munfs ugo i cundn evn spel enjunear, now i ar wun."

Old June 18th 05, 01:11 PM
4-Example

"Quilljar" wrote in message
I presume you have right clicked on your desktop and gone into
Properties/Settings and changed the screen size to double?

No way to do that, that I can see.
You can only activate the second monitor and extend your desktop into it.

Old June 18th 05, 01:49 PM
Quilljar

4-Example wrote:
"Quilljar" wrote in message
I presume you have right clicked on your desktop and gone into
Properties/Settings and changed the screen size to double?

No way to do that, that I can see.
You can only activate the second monitor and extend your desktop into
it.

Well I don't want to be too argumentative, but I do it all the time with
three screens and I used to do it with two. Windows allows you to choose all
kinds of screen sizes. Then FS9 picks up the video card details and adds the
screen size possibilities within the settings section Hardware. If you then
match the FS with the desktop you have a nice fast fullscreen across say,
2048 X 768 for example.

--
Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

Old June 18th 05, 08:53 PM
4-Example

"Quilljar" wrote in message
4-Example wrote:
"Quilljar" wrote in message
I presume you have right clicked on your desktop and gone into
Properties/Settings and changed the screen size to double?

No way to do that, that I can see.
You can only activate the second monitor and extend your desktop into
it.

Well I don't want to be too argumentative, but I do it all the time with
three screens and I used to do it with two. Windows allows you to choose
all kinds of screen sizes. Then FS9 picks up the video card details and
adds the screen size possibilities within the settings section Hardware.
If you then match the FS with the desktop you have a nice fast fullscreen
across say, 2048 X 768 for example.

No argument here, I just don't think we're on the same wave length, though,
so let's keep discussing this.
I'm not arguing, just curious, because I'd love to do what your suggesting
with Wallpaper.
Let's stick to a Desktop wallpaper discussion, not FS9. That's what
triggered my initial response.
No doubt FS9 will detect the two or three displays and span them. Wallpaper
my be a different story.

I can right click on my desktop, go into advanced properties.
I have two displays attached to my PC.
The single video card I have controls them.

I can easily adjust the resolution on each display, that's not an issue,
easy to do.
I can enable or disable the secondary monitor and "extend" my desktop to it,
also easy.

Now with Wallpaper, if you have two active displays and you set a wallpaper
to your desktop.
Each display, from what I've observed, will display a single "copy" of the
wallpaper within it's own display.
The wallpaper won't "span" both displays, automagically. Let's say both
displays are side by side, each set
to 1024x768.Effective resolution, say 2048 x 768, if I find a wallpaper that
size and add it to my background, I won't see it span the displays.

Do you agree? If you have a trick to span both displays with say a
2048x768 wallpaper, I'd love to see it.

Old June 18th 05, 10:00 PM
Quilljar

Now with Wallpaper, if you have two active displays and you set a
wallpaper to your desktop.
Each display, from what I've observed, will display a single "copy"
of the wallpaper within it's own display.
The wallpaper won't "span" both displays, automagically. Let's say
both displays are side by side, each set
to 1024x768.Effective resolution, say 2048 x 768, if I find a
wallpaper that size and add it to my background, I won't see it span
the displays.
Do you agree? If you have a trick to span both displays with say a
2048x768 wallpaper, I'd love to see it.

I have my wallpapers which are mostly 3840X1024 as I have them across three
screens. I use a single video card the Matrox Parhelia 128. With that I have
the choice to spread the wallpaper across all three, or have three
wallpapers. Using the MaxiVista software I can also extend to a fourth
screen, my laptop but that exhibits the same wallpaper but as a second
picture. I will put up (a photo, not a screenshot) for you to see. I thought
that any card that would support two monitors would give you those options.
Try the manufacturer's website.

http://client.webshots.com/photo/194...72707247urXkNi

http://client.webshots.com/photo/194...26444109uoDjNL

Cheers
Quilljar

Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Photos 1952-60

http://client.webshots.com/album/204003612QQUuDJ

Old June 19th 05, 05:17 AM
4-Example

"Quilljar" wrote in message
[...]

OK, that probably explains it, your card supports that feature. The ATI
have doesn't.