Desktop Wallpaper - Eagle, Raptor and Mustang

Old June 1st 05, 05:26 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Default Desktop Wallpaper - Eagle, Raptor and Mustang

Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Wallpaper of the month - June 2005

Desktop Wallpaper - "The Heights of Heritage".

An F-15 Eagle, F/A-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang train for heritage
flight formation flying off the coast of Langley Air Force Base, Va.

The F-15 Eagle is an all-weather, extremely maneuverable, tactical
fighter designed to permit the Air Force to gain and maintain air
supremacy over the battlefield.

The F-22 is an air dominance fighter with much-improved capability
over current Air Force aircraft. It is widely regarded as the most
advanced fighter in the world, combining a revolutionary leap in
technology and capability with reduced support requirements and
maintenance costs. It will replace the F-15 as America's front-line,
air superiority fighter, with deliveries to operational units
beginning in 2002.

From the inception of the battle, the F-22's primary objective will be
to establish absolute control of the skies through the conduct of
counterair operations. The fighter also has an inherent precision
ground attack capability. The F-22 is capable of carrying existing and
planned medium and short range air-to-air missiles in internal bays.
The F-22 will also have an internal 20-mm cannon and provisions for
carrying precision ground attack weapons.

The P-51 was designed as the NA-73 in 1940 at Britain's request. The
design showed promise and AAF purchases of Allison-powered Mustangs
began in 1941 primarily for photo recon and ground support use due to
its limited high-altitude performance. But in 1942, tests of P-51s
using the British Rolls-Royce "Merlin" engine revealed much improved
speed and service ceiling, and in Dec. 1943, Merlin-powered P-51Bs
first entered combat over Europe. Providing high-altitude escort to
B-17s and B-24s, they scored heavily over German interceptors and by
war's end, P-51s had destroyed 4,950 enemy aircraft in the air, more
than any other fighter in Europe.

Mustangs served in nearly every combat zone, including the Pacific
where they escorted B-29s to Japan from Iwo Jima. Between 1941-5, the
AAF ordered 14,855 Mustangs (including A-36A dive bomber and F-6 photo
recon versions), of which 7,956 were P-51Ds. During the Korean War,
P-51Ds were used primarily for close support of ground forces until
withdrawn from combat in 1953.

Note: This marks a (momentary) departure from our long-established
tradition of US Navy & Marine Corps wallpaper. The photograph is just
too good to pass up, and considering the time of year (Air Show
Season) we thought you might appreciate it as well..

Complete installation instructions are provided.

Please Note:
This wallpaper is available in the following screen resolution:

*Available upon request
[*] 0640 X 480[*] 1152 X 870[*] 1280 X 960[*] 1600 X 1200

x Download Now!

[x] 800 X 600
[x] 1024 X 768

http://www.scenery.org

Semper Fi

Tom Gregor, Sr.
Webmaster

Old June 2nd 05, 03:45 PM
Quilljar

Tom
I have been many times to your website and have NEVER yet been able to find
the section with Wallpapers. This is frustrating because they are promising.
Howver I haave yet to see one. Could you make them more obvious somehow?
TIA

Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

Old June 2nd 05, 03:50 PM
Quilljar

I would also like to see some wallpapers for three screen setups like mine,
at least 3072 X 768 in size. althought 3840 X 1024 would be nice!

I don't mean screensavers - they are just memory wasters IMHO

Yrs
Quilly

Old June 2nd 05, 06:40 PM
James Hodson

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:45:34 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
wrote:

I have been many times to your website and have NEVER yet been able to find
the section with Wallpapers. This is frustrating because they are promising.
Howver I haave yet to see one. Could you make them more obvious somehow?

Quilly

Try URL:http://www.scenery.org/screen.htm#Wallpaper there are one
or two things there near the bottom of the page.

James
Old June 2nd 05, 07:23 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Good Afternoon Quilljar:

wrote:

Tom
I have been many times to your website and have NEVER yet been able to find
the section with Wallpapers. This is frustrating because they are promising.
Howver I haave yet to see one. Could you make them more obvious somehow?
TIA

There's a couple of avenues to the Desktop Wallpaper (of the month).

1. From our main index page http://www.scenery.org once there you can
either click on the primary menu on the LHS of the page, see: Screen
Savers (we also squirrel away our wallpapers there).

2. From the RHS column see "Wallpaper of the Month" block with
thumbnail of current wallpaper, which doubles as a link.

I appreciate your interest… we hope that folks enjoy them.

All The Best

Tom G, Sr.

Old June 2nd 05, 07:56 PM
Quilljar

Dear Tom,
Nice to hear from you again. You know, I never thought that you would hide
wallpapers so low down on a page of screensavers! I am sorry, I never
searched that far. Maybe I am the only idiot around here :-(
Thanks

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

Old June 16th 05, 11:19 PM
4-Example

You running a mac? I didn't think you could that with XP?

Old June 17th 05, 12:54 AM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi 4-Example:

I'm not sure if your comment is directed to me or not?

If so... nope, it's on a Win platform.

Tom G, Sr.

Old June 17th 05, 01:43 AM
4-Example

OK, I don't think you can get wallpaper that spans screens like that.
My experience has been it'll just draw it separately on each screen.

Old June 17th 05, 09:18 AM
Quilljar

You can make wallpaper to span any size providing you have the right
graphics card. I use three screens at 3840X1024 and have scores of
wallpapers which are extremely crisp. I usually take four or five digital
photos of a scene and piece them together using Adobe Photoshop.

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it's digitally sound
http://www.livtech.co.uk