Your opinions on my aviation art site please

Old January 12th 04, 10:28 PM
Christopher Drew

Default Your opinions on my aviation art site please

I have been running www.chapmanstudioonline.com for almost a year. We
have had nothing but praise from our customers but, frankly, we
haven't had as many customers as we would like!

A low budget (this is a fun project not a business) has made
advertising hard/impossible which doesn't help but we wonder why more
of our visitors haven't become shoppers.

I'd be eternally grateful if you guys could visit the site, take a
look around and, if you don't buy something let me know why not! Is
the price wrong? Couldn't you find what you wanted? Would you be more
interested if we offered framed as well as unframed prints?

Any feedback would be great - we are a small project up against some
pretty big sites but, with your help, we want to grow!

Regards,

Christopher Drew

Webmaster www.chapmanstudioonline.com
Old January 14th 04, 05:38 PM
pdxflyer

(Christopher Drew) wrote in message om...
I have been running
www.chapmanstudioonline.com for almost a year. We
have had nothing but praise from our customers but, frankly, we
haven't had as many customers as we would like!

A low budget (this is a fun project not a business) has made
advertising hard/impossible which doesn't help but we wonder why more
of our visitors haven't become shoppers.

I'd be eternally grateful if you guys could visit the site, take a
look around and, if you don't buy something let me know why not! Is
the price wrong? Couldn't you find what you wanted? Would you be more
interested if we offered framed as well as unframed prints?

Any feedback would be great - we are a small project up against some
pretty big sites but, with your help, we want to grow!

Regards,

Christopher Drew

Webmaster www.chapmanstudioonline.com

I like it! The art looks great and the selection is good. I can't
comment about the prices because I don't have a currency converter.
Maybe also displaying the price in U.S. dollars would help.

My guess is that it will probably just take a bit more time and a lot
more promotion before you start seeing an increase in your business.
I usually don't make a purchase the first time I visit a site.
Instead, if I like what I see I bookmark it (like I just did with your
site) and return when I'm ready to buy.

From a usability perspective my only suggestion might be to make your
"Online Gallery" link go directly to the first aviation gallery
instead of a jump page. Then on each of your gallery pages provide
links to the other galleries.

Good luck.

Ron
Pilot Chronicles
http://www.pilotchronicles.com
Old January 16th 04, 12:42 PM
Christopher Drew

(pdxflyer) wrote in message . com...
[...]

From a usability perspective my only suggestion might be to make your
"Online Gallery" link go directly to the first aviation gallery
instead of a jump page. Then on each of your gallery pages provide
links to the other galleries.

Good luck.

Ron
Pilot Chronicles
http://www.pilotchronicles.com

Thanks Ron - The 'shop' package I use can't accept multi currency
which is definitely a problem - perhaps if Britain started using the
Euro it would help as there would only be two main currencies to worry
about. When in the gallery there is a link to a customised and very
quick currency converter that I set up especially for the site - its
just below the shopping cart pic but the fact that you missed it shows
I need to make it more obvious.

As for navigation - I will keep thinking about this one, its hard to
divide up allot of images without burying them in sub-categories
though...

Many thanks and I hope you use that bookmark again one day!

Chris Drew