How Aircraft Stay In The Air

Old February 28th 04, 04:39 AM
George

Mike Lechnar wrote in message ...
How did this secret information make it into the public domain? I've
been a practicing Aircraft Performance Engineer for the past 26 years
and have always tried to explain how airplanes fly by using the official
public explanations regarding Bernoulli, airfoils and other such rot.
Civilians just weren't ready for the truth. In fact, we generally don't
speak about the magic directly. Most of our plans and estimates usually
end with the phrase "and then a miracle happens".

snip
More credit should be given to the fart fairies. For, without their
bean eating and gas production, no machine could power itself from the
earth surface...
and the turbine winder rounder gnomes that hide inside those socalled
engine nacelles from the public with their serious kerosine drinking
problems..
The leading edge leeries that give the extra little push that keeps
the nose up..
oh the pain the pain
Old February 28th 04, 04:47 AM
Tarver Engineering

"George" wrote in message
m...
Mike Lechnar wrote in message

How did this secret information make it into the public domain? I've
been a practicing Aircraft Performance Engineer for the past 26 years
and have always tried to explain how airplanes fly by using the official
public explanations regarding Bernoulli, airfoils and other such rot.
Civilians just weren't ready for the truth. In fact, we generally don't
speak about the magic directly. Most of our plans and estimates usually
end with the phrase "and then a miracle happens".

snip
More credit should be given to the fart fairies. For, without their
bean eating and gas production, no machine could power itself from the
earth surface...

Fairies tend to less concerned with good and evil and make better dual use
aircraft.

Old February 28th 04, 12:03 PM
Jack Linthicum

Tank Fixer wrote in message nk.net...
In article ,
on Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:51:37 -0000,
Sarah Hotdesking attempted to
say .....

No. Lift Demons eat Thrust Pixies and their genietic material is
incompatible so there are no hybrid Thrust Demons.

I had heard that a Lift Pixie had been bred in Andora....

As always the Chinese seem to have been there first. Temple in his
reduction of Needham down to 240 pages, The Genius of China, tells of
one Ko Hung.."Someone asked the Master (Ko Hung) about the principles
of mounting to dangerous heights and traveling into the vast inane.
The Master said..some have made flying cars with wood from the inner
part of the jujube tree, using ox leather straps fastened to returning
blades so as to set the machine in motion. Others have the idea of
making five snakes, six dragons and three oxen to meet the 'hard wind'
and ride on it, not stopping until they have risen to a height of 40
li (about 65,000 feet). The the ch'i [emnation of the sky or perhaps
wind] is extremely hard, so much so that it can overcome the strength
of human beings. snip Take dragons, for example; when they first
rise they go up using the clouds as steps, and after they attained a
height of forty li then they rush forward effortlessly gliding."

That jujube tree device sounds like the Osprey. It would seem we
should investigate the possibility of renting/leasing/buying some of
the Chinese dragons as insurance against Lift Pixie and Thrust Demon
labour action.
Old February 28th 04, 03:01 PM
Paul A. Suhler

Jack Linthicum wrote:

As always the Chinese seem to have been there first. Temple in his
reduction of Needham down to 240 pages, The Genius of China, tells of
one Ko Hung.."Someone asked the Master (Ko Hung) about the principles
of mounting to dangerous heights and traveling into the vast inane.
The Master said..some have made flying cars with wood from the inner
part of the jujube tree, using ox leather straps fastened to returning
blades so as to set the machine in motion. Others have the idea of

Well, now that you've disclosed it, ox leather is the secret to the
high performance of the Lockheed Blackbird, hence the name of the
CIA project, OXCART.
Old February 28th 04, 06:11 PM
Sarah Hotdesking

"Jim Watt" wrote

Are Harriers equipped with sirens?

No - they are an ill-advised experiment in using water nymphs.

I'm also advised that control surfaces are really pixie playgrounds. Also
to look out for the male water sheep which run around parts of the aircraft.

--
Sarah H
http://www.messybeast.com

Old February 28th 04, 06:15 PM
George Shirley

Juergen Nieveler wrote:
Jim Watt wrote:

Are Harriers equipped with sirens?

Only the export versions. The british versions use Banshees...

Which they lease from the Irish.

George

Old February 28th 04, 08:09 PM
Jim Watt

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:49:02 GMT, Tank Fixer
wrote:

In article ,
on Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:11:26 -0000,
Sarah Hotdesking attempted to
say .....

"Jim Watt" wrote

Are Harriers equipped with sirens?

No - they are an ill-advised experiment in using water nymphs.

Only on the Sea Harriers.

I was thinking more of the under-sea harriers

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com