New Gov't. report involves GA

Old March 15th 05, 10:27 PM
Ron Natalie

Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight. :-|

Rich S.

I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.
Old March 15th 05, 11:15 PM
Teranews

Ok Ron, Me too...

Go east to big lake.
Turn right
When "Florida" becomes a clear 2 syllable word, (Flo-Da), land.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.
:-|

Old March 16th 05, 12:02 AM

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
StellaStarr wrote:

Rich S. wrote:

I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report

from
some federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's

Boyer
telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer

was
dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

I read 1200 lbs, but doubt that figure as you fit a bomb that size in
the trunk of a large car, no need to rent a truck.

--

FF

Old March 16th 05, 02:23 AM
C J Campbell

Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.

:-|

Rich S.

I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.

In this day and age, I would be careful of how you phrase that...

Old March 16th 05, 02:26 AM
C J Campbell

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message
Bob Chilcoat wrote:
I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200

lb
of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is

where
does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing?

suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.

Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say
which ones are good.

I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

Old March 16th 05, 04:11 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

StellaStarr wrote:

Rich S. wrote:

I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report

from

some federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's

Boyer

telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer

was

dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

I read 1200 lbs, but doubt that figure as you fit a bomb that size in
the trunk of a large car, no need to rent a truck.

Before I said that I went to a non conspiracy site, they actually exist,
where they show McVeigh buy 2 kilopounds on 2 different occassions
making a total of 4 kilopounds add that to the 4 kilopounds of diesel
you get 8 kilopounds which comes out to 4 tons.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 16th 05, 04:14 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Bob Chilcoat wrote:

I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200

lb

of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is

where

does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing?

suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.

Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say
which ones are good.

I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations are
WRONG.

One guy who makes videos and publishes books is Ragnar Benson. If you
want to use his materials count his fingers and look at his face.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 16th 05, 04:31 AM
Ernest Christley

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get to
the building and the specific level.

Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired

^^^^^^^

Did you survive?
Old March 16th 05, 06:12 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ernest Christley wrote:

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get
to the building and the specific level.

Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired

^^^^^^^

Did you survive?

Nope

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 16th 05, 01:17 PM
Ron Natalie

C J Campbell wrote:

I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

That's the best counter terrorism measure I've heard of in a while.