Possible Breakthrough in Battery Technology

Old March 1st 12, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt[_3_]

Default Possible Breakthrough in Battery Technology

Check this out. Does it mean we might actually have capable electric
self-launchers in the near future?

http://www.bangstyle.com/2012/03/env...electric-cars/
Old March 1st 12, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

400 wh/kg is pretty impressive. Now they just need to get the number of
charging cycles up. Currently they only get 80% after 300 cycles.
http://enviasystems.com/announcement/

Craig

Old March 1st 12, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

What do you think how long will it take for Dave "electric" to post
that there is already a capable electric self-launcher available
called Antares?
Old March 1st 12, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

On Mar 1, 1:24*pm, Matt wrote:
Check this out. *Does it mean we might actually have capable electric
self-launchers in the near future?

http://www.bangstyle.com/2012/03/env...electric-cars/

A better article: http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/39806/?p1=A1

Envia Systems has very good credentials so it's worth taking them
seriously. However, as MIT-R says, the durability needs to improve by
at least 3x. Even if this doesn't work out, with so many labs working
on batteries, it's almost inevitable someone will come up with a game
changing breakthrough.