Grob G103 canopy transparencies made in the USA

Old May 31st 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Grob G103 canopy transparencies made in the USA

I'm considering tooling up to make replacement canopy transparencies for existing sailplanes, or at least to have them made for me. I've seen a few requests for G103 canopies, so I thought I'd start there.

What I am thinking of is precision stretch-formed transparencies made over internal mandrels just like Mecaplex does--not hokey free-blown attempts that never fit right. I can have them made stateside for less than the Mecaplex price plus shipping, insurance, import fees, brokerage fees, etc. However, they still won't be cheap; expect prices of $2000 to $2500 each for front and rear transparencies.

Contact me bob at hpaircraft dot com for details. If I can get three or more firm orders, I can proceed.

--Bob K.
Old May 31st 18, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good show, Bob...........there is a real need for replacement canopies in the US. Thermo Tec was a good source in the past, but they're out of business.
Ray used a shaker-table that lowered a heated acrylic sheet over a felt covered mold. Fascinating to watch, too bad that business equipment, molds and knowledge couldn't be used. Have you tried to contact them?
Wishing you well,
JJ

WANTED - Grob 102 Canopy [email protected] Soaring 0 May 14th 15 05:46 PM
Grob Twin II Aft Canopy Plexi Bill T Soaring 0 August 31st 14 02:37 AM
Grob G103 hatch latch bds Soaring 1 June 15th 10 11:29 AM
Grob 102 Astir CS Canopy GARY BOGGS CFIG Soaring 1 October 3rd 09 06:49 PM
Grob canopy gasket source (USA) John H. Campbell Soaring 1 July 23rd 07 05:52 PM