External speaker hookup for Genave Alpha/100

Old July 21st 04, 04:08 PM
Stan Amyett

Default External speaker hookup for Genave Alpha/100

I have a Genave Alpha/100 transceiver. The built in speaker has gone
bad so I want to hook up an external speaker. Does anyone have a
manual, wiring diagram or experience wiring an external speaker to
this unit. Any help would be appreciated.
Old July 21st 04, 07:04 PM
Wayne Paul

The following information is found in the Genave Alpha/10 installation
manual:

Pin 1 is the +14 volt connection and pin 12 is the ground. The speaker's
"hot" connection is pin 6. Pin 4 is the mike key and pin 5 is mike audio.
The headphone connection is pin 11.

The speaker should be 3-4 ohms.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

om...

Old July 22nd 04, 12:36 PM
Mike Jendrzey

Stan, Wayne,

We had a couple of the ALPHA 100's in the Alice Springs Gliding Club.
Being their "radio fix-it man" for a few years I have the schematic
for the radio.

Wayne's pinout information is correct except for pin 6. This is the
PA Speaker output on the ALPHA 10 (Sound only when the mike is keyed).
On the ALPHA 100, pin 3 and pin 9 are jumpered internally and
represent the external speaker "hot" connection.

Mike J.
B7

Old July 22nd 04, 01:04 PM
Wayne Paul

I rechecked the manual and Mike is correct. Pin 9 is the parallel
connection to the internal speaker.

m...