Pix of Ron & Margy's "New" Navion

Old April 26th 05, 11:33 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Pix of Ron & Margy's "New" Navion

For you long-term posters and lurkers out there, you know what kind of
a several-year ordeal Ron & Margy Natalie have gone through with their
stem-to-stern renovation of their beautiful Ryan Navion.

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

What a great looking plane you guys! And thanks for taking the time
and expense to save an important piece of our aviation heritage.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 27th 05, 12:00 AM
Dudley Henriques

That's got to be the best Navion rehab I've ever seen. Congrats to them both
on a superb job. Imron?
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

oups.com...

Old April 27th 05, 12:00 AM
Dan Luke

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

Very cute.

And the airplane's nice, too.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 27th 05, 12:55 AM
Ron Natalie

Dudley Henriques wrote:
That's got to be the best Navion rehab I've ever seen. Congrats to them both
on a superb job. Imron?

JetGlo.

Actually the paint job is not what I'd hoped. The paint shop screwed up
the stripe design and there are LOTS of defects in the paint. Lookds
good at a distance though.
Old April 27th 05, 01:02 AM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
For you long-term posters and lurkers out there, you know what kind of
a several-year ordeal Ron & Margy Natalie have gone through with their
stem-to-stern renovation of their beautiful Ryan Navion.

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

What a great looking plane you guys! And thanks for taking the time
and expense to save an important piece of our aviation heritage.

A very sweet looking bird. Any interior shots on the way or is that
still awaiting restoration?

Matt
Old April 27th 05, 01:10 AM
Blueskies

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message oups.com...
For you long-term posters and lurkers out there, you know what kind of
a several-year ordeal Ron & Margy Natalie have gone through with their
stem-to-stern renovation of their beautiful Ryan Navion.

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

What a great looking plane you guys! And thanks for taking the time
and expense to save an important piece of our aviation heritage.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

The Navion was the second airplane I ever caught a ride in. Didn't look anywhere as nice as that one. Great job, thanks
for keeping it flying!

Old April 27th 05, 01:18 AM
Margy

Matt Whiting wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

For you long-term posters and lurkers out there, you know what kind of
a several-year ordeal Ron & Margy Natalie have gone through with their
stem-to-stern renovation of their beautiful Ryan Navion.

Well, it's DONE, and a few pix are here to see:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#N

What a great looking plane you guys! And thanks for taking the time
and expense to save an important piece of our aviation heritage.

A very sweet looking bird. Any interior shots on the way or is that
still awaiting restoration?

Matt

The interior is finished and I'll get pictures sometime in the near
future as well as write the whole thing up, but I have 4 major things
coming up at work so this will have to wait a bit.

Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.
Old April 27th 05, 01:29 AM
Dudley Henriques

Well, you're right as rain about it looking good at a distance. I couldn't
pick up a hair out of place in the photographs....but that's natural I
guess. I know what you mean about knowing every little defect by heart when
a job like this is finished. The way it worked for me when we had the
Mustang done was that in the initial inspection after it came out of the
shop, I picked up over a dozen "trouble spots" that really made me unhappy.
They gritted their teeth and "fixed" most of them, but to me, the job was
"not what I really expected".
It's funny though, over time, as the airplane picked up it's natural share
of "dents" and "imperfections" through it's use cycle, the "imperfections"
sort of blended in to produce an overall feeling of "looking real good" to
my eye, and my initial dissatisfaction gave way to an overall liking for the
paint job as it settled in and became a part of the airplane's
"personality".
Actually, my own looks are in this category as well. My wife says my face
would be perfect if I was seeking a career in radio!!! :-))
It looks great Ron. You and Margy should be proud. I like the windshield
mod, and I take it the hydraulics don't leave puddles on the ground under
the bird after the overhaul :-))
Best of luck with your new toy!!
Dudley

Old April 27th 05, 01:29 AM
Roy Smith

Margy wrote:
Right now it's at the radio shop awaiting the panel of Ron's dreams.

His and Her's matching CNX-80's?