Hydraulic struts for an Avionic trailer

Old January 27th 19, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Thirkill[_2_]

Default Hydraulic struts for an Avionic trailer

The clamshell hydraulic struts on my Avionic trailer are beginning to lose strength and need replacing. Anyone know of an appropriate source?

Thanks!
Dan Thirkill

Old January 28th 19, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch Deutsch[_2_]

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 6:27:13 PM UTC-5, Dan Thirkill wrote:
The clamshell hydraulic struts on my Avionic trailer are beginning to lose strength and need replacing. Anyone know of an appropriate source?

Thanks!
Dan Thirkill

Contact Gemini Gas Springs https://www.geminigassprings.com/

Give them the specifics (length, force, diameter, etc.) and they can custom make a replacement.

We had them make up four 1500N gas springs for one of our K21 trailers for a very reasonable price. Fabrication was prompt and deliver to us (from western Canada to Georgia) was uneventful. We installed them this weekend and it was a perfect fit.

Mitch Deutsch
Mid-Georgia Soaring Association
Old January 28th 19, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 7:36:26 PM UTC-5, Mitch Deutsch wrote:
On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 6:27:13 PM UTC-5, Dan Thirkill wrote:
The clamshell hydraulic struts on my Avionic trailer are beginning to lose strength and need replacing. Anyone know of an appropriate source?

Thanks!
Dan Thirkill

Contact Gemini Gas Springs https://www.geminigassprings.com/

Give them the specifics (length, force, diameter, etc.) and they can custom make a replacement.

We had them make up four 1500N gas springs for one of our K21 trailers for a very reasonable price. Fabrication was prompt and deliver to us (from western Canada to Georgia) was uneventful. We installed them this weekend and it was a perfect fit.

Mitch Deutsch
Mid-Georgia Soaring Association

Got mine from north american dealer for avionic (Windpath) for $296 Canadian plus shipping and customs in 2015. Perfect fit for Avionic 15AVG.
Old January 28th 19, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

You can contact Avionic directly through email in English. They will ship direct to you.
Old January 31st 19, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
swinkelj

I have struts which are almost new. When I bought my Avionic AVG-15 4 years ago the original struts (1100 N) turned out to be a little too light, because my outer wings are attached to the clamshell. So after a few weeks I changed them for 1200 N variants. My original ones are for sale, but I live in Europe........
The brand name of the struts is AL-KO. I bought them at a local trailer shop. I do not know if this brand is available in the US.

Avionic trailer. [email protected] Soaring 17 September 2nd 17 01:54 PM
Avionic trailer question Brad[_2_] Soaring 3 May 23rd 17 02:48 PM
Avionic trailer brakes cuflyer Soaring 0 April 24th 16 09:54 PM
Komet Trailer Struts Steve Mason Soaring 4 March 28th 13 12:59 AM
Avionic trailer wheel needed qflyer1 Soaring 6 December 7th 06 03:30 PM