Cat in plane

Old November 17th 05, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cat in plane

Eduardo K. wrote:
Prudencia ends in about half of my pictures... shes always around:
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/Huevo/prudequipaje.jpg
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/HuevoII.../mP9190030.JPG
and of course, Insomnio:
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Gatos/Todos/2004/07/P1010014.JPG

Awe. They're beautiful (and well fed!)

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old November 17th 05, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Jay Masino wrote:
Eduardo K. wrote:
Prudencia ends in about half of my pictures... shes always around:
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/Huevo/prudequipaje.jpg
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/HuevoII.../mP9190030.JPG
and of course, Insomnio:
http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Gatos/Todos/2004/07/P1010014.JPG

Awe. They're beautiful (and well fed!)

Mr. Insomnio is always on the fat side. I feed him measured cups of
low calorie catfood to keep him thin and stil gets fat. He was thin
before neuturing though.

I am moving back to the city to an apartment next week so he'll get fatter.

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Old November 18th 05, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

So, are you saying that the cat was justified in its actions?

The cat was scared to death, and was acting like a cat that was scared to
death. It didn't deserve to be killed.

True enough. But I'm not exactly sure what else the pilot in question could
do in that situation.

You can't safely land a plane with a cat shredding your skin like a
scratching post.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 18th 05, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

: The cat was scared to death, and was acting like a cat that was scared to
: death. It didn't deserve to be killed.

In case it's any consolation, a cat getting chucked out a window of a flying
aircraft is not necessarily dead:

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web....l_velocity.htm
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_190.html
http://www.cat-olholics.com/cats-lan...heir-feet.html

And yes... I am a cat person...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *

Old November 18th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

You can't safely land a plane with a cat shredding your skin like a
scratching post.

Yes you can. You just have to grit your teeth and bare it.

And you have done this, how many times???
Old November 19th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

You just have to grit your teeth and bare it.

Bare what?

BTW - I did take a cat on an airplane trip once (in a carrier) Just a
weekend jaunt of about three hours each way. The cat howled most of the
way - but fortunately we couldn't hear it over the noise of the
airplane (all wearing headphones).

David Johnson

Old November 19th 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In case it's any consolation, a cat getting chucked out a window of a
flying
aircraft is not necessarily dead:

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web....l_velocity.htm
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_190.html
http://www.cat-olholics.com/cats-lan...heir-feet.html

In order to test this, I suggest filling the bomb bay of one of the
exhibition B-17s with say 500 cats. Drop them all over a field with
observers and log how many escaped unscathed, how many looked like gooey
blobs and how many survived un-injured.

This way meaningful data could be obtained.

The test might have to be repeated any of the cats missed the target field.

I would be happy to contribute the cats in my neighbor hood that crap under
my deck, in my flower beds, scratch my car by climbing on it, howl under my
bed room window, invade my motorhome as soon as I leave a window open, etc.

Cheers:

Paul

Old November 20th 05, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Tri-Pacer" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You're still stuck with the problem of cats running around the plane. The
B-17's I've seen don't usually have doors or separations between the bomb
bay area and the rest of the plane. There is a cat walk through the bomb
bay... Can 500 cats fit in a bomb bay area?

Seriously, I don't recommend dropping animals for testing. As for carrying
cats in a plane, I would only do it with cat carrier.

-Greg B.