Ok, so what did people get for Christmas?

Old December 27th 05, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ok, so what did people get for Christmas?

subject says it all

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke

Old December 27th 05, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

subject says it all

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke

Among other things, I was gifted with a nice pair of sunglasses spec'd out
for aviation use, several aviation books, a few pair of pants (sorely
needed), and a real disaster of a workbench that Home Depot pushed off on a
family member as an inducement to open a credit account.

The folks at the Depot should be ashamed. Apparently they were giving these
benches away as an inducement because they had suffered "minor" water damage
at some point. To me, "minor" water damage on a wooden workbench is that the
wood is discolored. Discolored, cracked, and warped isn't minor. If the top
isn't flat, a workbench simply isn't fit for use. Even worse, the *$!!@!
thing weighs at least a hundred pounds, and won't fit in the back of the 'ol
Honda, so getting it back to the store should have me in a *really* good
mood by the time I get it to the return counter.

Apologies, but I had to get it off my chest...

KB

Old December 27th 05, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

A very much needed new chart case and a wall clock mounted on a faux wooden
propeller that clearly never propelled a Cub or T-craft, but is very pretty
all the same.

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old December 27th 05, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Bob Noel wrote:
subject says it all

....except for what you got (or didn't get, perhaps?) Bob :-)

Best gift: Hand made lap quilt for the airplane, made by my daughter.

What I didn't get: One Six Right DVD. Speaking of which, it's "Merry
Christmas to me" time. Need to head over to the website and order it.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 27th 05, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

My wife bought me the new Lightspeed Mach 1 Light-flight headset which I had
expressed that I'd love to try out sometime. She wanted me to open this
present before Christmas so we would know if this is indeed something I
wanted. I obliged and we flew with the new headset on Christmas-eve.

PIREP: They were light and they were comfortable, BUT the engine noise was
not attenuated enough for my tastes and therefore it was very noisy and
distracting. The radio sound was low and I had to struggle to hear all
communications. The music quality was tinny and missing all the low end
tones. After you finish flying and remove the plugs you realize you have a
fist full of fine wires and ear plugs that you don't know what to do with.
If you just put it down the wires get all tangled and require extra time and
care to untangle and organize. With a headset you simply remove it and
drape it on the yoke or throttle. Also, it is NOT a robust looking unit and
it appears to be VERY delicate and easily broken. The battery compartment
door is especially difficult to open, the battery requires a small tool to
remove, the clips that hold the battery in looks like they will break the
first time you change the battery. It would have been just a matter of
weeks, not months, before I broke some part of this thing. I couldn't
return it fast enough. I'm sure Lightspeed will stand behind this product
as they do all their wares, but the benefits of this unit did not out weigh
(no pun intended) it's shortcomings. YMMV.

Kobra

Old December 27th 05, 07:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Bob Noel" wrote)
subject says it all

We got another cow ...donated in our name. That's two cows in two years. Is
that a herd yet? I'm calling it a herd!

We also got trees saplings planted in our name - lots of trees. It's a hold
back the desert project.

http://www.heifer.org/

Montblack

Old December 27th 05, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Kobra" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Many thanks for the pirep.
Season's greetings to all.

Old December 27th 05, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

subject says it all

A carved wooden detailed model of the F/A-18 Hornet in Navy colors from my
Navy son. It's about 16'' long and weights about three pounds.

Looks awesome on a desk or fireplace mantle.

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old December 27th 05, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Well, Bob, Santa thought I was a good boy this year, and brought me:

- the DVD recorder I wanted! (Now I can spend 150 hours copying 15 years of
home video -- yippee!)
- the heavy-duty 18 volt cordless drill I wanted -- with TWO batteries!
- an electric "snow broom" for doing snow removal from the 560 feet of
balconies at the inn!
- various Craftsmen tools

Nothing aviation-ish this year, for perhaps the first time in 10 years.
Well, my sister DID give me an airplane Xmas ornament... ;-)

Now if only Santa would bring us some nice flying weather, so I can go do
Christmas #2 in Wisconsin tomorrow without driving 5 hours each way...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 27th 05, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

3.7 Hours of absolutely gorgeous flying on Christmas Day. For the
first time, I just went where the spirit moved me - if something looked
interesting, I flew towards it. I think I saw every resevoir in SW OK.

Don

What's Wrong with Economics and how can it be Fixed What's Wrong with Economics and how can it be Fixe Military Aviation 3 August 21st 04 12:40 AM
the complete minute by minute timeline on 911 Krztalizer Military Aviation 27 January 27th 04 04:35 PM
Happy Fourth, Folks! MLenoch Piloting 10 July 14th 03 08:09 PM
The Tail Gunner Said It: 'I Love Them People' Otis Willie Military Aviation 1 July 7th 03 11:37 PM