Ernest. K. Gann

Old March 12th 04, 12:27 PM
M. H. Greaves

Yep i have that one and i have one by Leonard Cheshire, i have a book by
Martin Caidin about the holocaust of Hamburg, and a real favourite by Maj.
James (King of Strafers) Goodson; Tumult in the Clouds, i've read it a
dozen times but still love reading it!
I have quite a few good aviation/war books but was looking for others by
E.K.Gann. Thanx for all the replies guys, tally ho!!!
"Krztalizer" wrote in message

ENEMY COAST AHEAD by Guy Gibson is well worth reading.

Agree - ECA is a classic of wartime writing; unlike 99% of books on the

market
that were written after the killing paused, ECA was written between

Gibson's
years on bombing operations, the same years that were a literal bloodbath

for
Bomber Command. Hair-raising stories of those bitter, dark years that set

the
stage for the razing of Germany.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos

to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old March 12th 04, 04:51 PM
David Lednicer

We bought some land on San Juan Island in the spring of 2001. Looking
at the plat maps for the island, I noticed several parcels near ours
marked "Gann". I'm told that Dodi still lives on the island.

Old March 12th 04, 05:02 PM
Mike Marron

David Lednicer wrote:

I'm told that Dodi still lives on the island.

Aaaand.....do you believe that?!

Old March 12th 04, 08:26 PM
M. H. Greaves

thats probably true!!

Old March 12th 04, 08:27 PM
M. H. Greaves

I know I do, i believe everything that the papers say, and the tooth fairy
too hee hee hee, lol, lmao!!

Old March 13th 04, 04:24 AM
WaltBJ

"Stranger to the Ground" by Richard Bach. I gave each of my kids a
copy so they could see why I loved to fly fighters.
"The Big Circus" by Pierre Clostermann. A no-**** record of WW2.
"To fly and Fight" by Clarence Anderson. Ditto.
"No Guts No Glory" by Boots Blesse. Hard to find.
Walt BJ
Old March 13th 04, 04:36 AM
Dave Kearton

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
m...
| "Stranger to the Ground" by Richard Bach. I gave each of my kids a
| copy so they could see why I loved to fly fighters.
| "The Big Circus" by Pierre Clostermann. A no-**** record of WW2.
| "To fly and Fight" by Clarence Anderson. Ditto.
| "No Guts No Glory" by Boots Blesse. Hard to find.
| Walt BJ

"I flew for thew Fuhrer" Heinz Knoke

The only one not mentioned (AFIK) that immediately springs to mind.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old March 13th 04, 05:02 AM
Tex Houston

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
m...
"Stranger to the Ground" by Richard Bach. I gave each of my kids a
copy so they could see why I loved to fly fighters.
"The Big Circus" by Pierre Clostermann. A no-**** record of WW2.
"To fly and Fight" by Clarence Anderson. Ditto.
"No Guts No Glory" by Boots Blesse. Hard to find.
Walt BJ

"Round the Bend" Nevil Shute

"Nothing by Chance" Richard Bach

"Cannibal Queen" Stephen Coonts

Tex Houston

Old March 13th 04, 06:54 AM
John

"M. H. Greaves" wrote in message
Thanks mate, got it!
"Jim Doyle" wrote in message

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"M. H. Greaves" wrote:

hi folks has anyone here read any of his books, if so which ones?
And, wait for it, any one (pref in U.K.) selling any?
I am reading Fate is the hunter at the moment, which is an excellent

book,
the author seems to effortlessly draw the reader into not only the

cokpit,
but into how he feels and what he's going through, brilliant!
My dad promised me the book, knowing he was about to pass away soon

(he
passed away nearly 2yrs ago), he did actually try to buy it for me

when
he
was still around but it was out of print and circulation at the time,

and
because he couldnt find his own copy, but when we were doing the

house
clearing we found it, i also found another of his "flying circus"

which
intend to read after.
I was just wondering if anyone else out there can recommend any

others
of
his books and where i can find it.

Besides Gann's FATE IS THE HUNTER, here's some more great reading
material that you might add to your aviation library:

snip: list of distinguished reads

ENEMY COAST AHEAD by Guy Gibson is well worth reading.

WHEN THUNDER ROLLED by Ed Rasimus

Cheeky.

Try Fighter Pilot by Paul Richey. His account of the Phoney War and the
Blitzkreig on France is truly frightening. Wonderful book, most of A Piece
of Cake by Derek Robinson is taken from this book. Richey threatened a law
suit when he read Cake.

John

Old March 13th 04, 06:55 AM
John

David Lednicer wrote:

I'm told that Dodi still lives on the island.

Aaaand.....do you believe that?!

"Gershwin is dead. But I don't have to believe it if I don't want to."
John O'Hara