Ernest. K. Gann

Old March 13th 04, 10:34 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
m...
| "Stranger to the Ground" by Richard Bach. I gave each of my kids a
| copy so they could see why I loved to fly fighters.
| "The Big Circus" by Pierre Clostermann. A no-**** record of WW2.
| "To fly and Fight" by Clarence Anderson. Ditto.
| "No Guts No Glory" by Boots Blesse. Hard to find.
| Walt BJ

"I flew for thew Fuhrer" Heinz Knoke

Two great reads on the Fleet Air Arm are

Carrier Pilot by Norman Hanson and
War In A Stringbag by Charles Lamb
although Hanson's book is hard to find

Keith

Old March 13th 04, 02:55 PM
M. H. Greaves

I know mate i'm only kidding!!
"John" wrote in message
news

"M. H. Greaves" wrote in message
I know I do, i believe everything that the papers say, and the tooth

fairy
too hee hee hee, lol, lmao!!
"Mike Marron" wrote in message
David Lednicer wrote:

I'm told that Dodi still lives on the island.

Aaaand.....do you believe that?!

"Gershwin is dead. But I don't have to believe it if I don't want to."
John O'Hara

Old March 13th 04, 02:57 PM
M. H. Greaves

Hi, thanx Keith, have you seen the fleet air arm museum, i went about 4yrs
ago, it was great!!
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...

Old March 13th 04, 07:12 PM
PosterBoy

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message
Two great reads on the Fleet Air Arm are

Carrier Pilot by Norman Hanson and
War In A Stringbag by Charles Lamb
although Hanson's book is hard to find
Keith

Thanks for the tip, Keith. I just checked in on the 'Net to my local
library and put a "hold" on one of their copies.
Perhaps it is only hard to find in the UK? My local public library is a
small one in a small suburban community. I always think that if my little
library has a copy of something, then just about any other town in North
America must have it!!

Cheers.

Old March 13th 04, 07:26 PM
Keith Willshaw

"PosterBoy" wrote in message

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message
Two great reads on the Fleet Air Arm are

Carrier Pilot by Norman Hanson and
War In A Stringbag by Charles Lamb
although Hanson's book is hard to find
Keith

Thanks for the tip, Keith. I just checked in on the 'Net to my local
library and put a "hold" on one of their copies.
Perhaps it is only hard to find in the UK? My local public library is

small one in a small suburban community. I always think that if my little
library has a copy of something, then just about any other town in North
America must have it!!

The libraries likely have it but since it was last reprinted in the 1980's
its hard to find in bookshops.

Keith
as

Old March 14th 04, 11:22 AM
M. H. Greaves

Yeh, thats what i find, i cant find them for sale here in U.K. but they are
readily available in U.S.A.
ah well never mind i usuall yfind the odd good 2nd hand book shop while i'm
away on holiday, i'm sure to find the odd gem in one of these.
Thanks very much guys for all your assistance and advice with this!!
(seriously1)

Old March 14th 04, 11:26 AM
M. H. Greaves

Yes my dad was looking for Fate is the Hunter before he died to give to me,
but as you say its been out of print here for a while, we actually found the
book after he passed away and we were having a clear out, so i got it in the
end; i'll treasure that!

Old March 16th 04, 04:13 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"The CO" writes:

"Jim Doyle" wrote in message

snip

ENEMY COAST AHEAD by Guy Gibson is well worth reading.

For a somewhat different perspective, see if you can find "Evidence in
Camera" by Constance Babbington-Smith.
Story of British Photographic reconaissance in WW2.
Lots of cloak and dagger stuff in the period directly before the war and
lots about the changes in the way the job was
done and the tools (particularly the aircraft) used to do it. Some
fascinating stories about some incredible flyers there.
Adrian Warburton being one that springs to mind.
Some fascinating stuff and famous names in there.
It details Saint Exuperys last mission, (MIA).
The explanations of how the interpreters worked is interesting in its
own right.

Published as "Air Spy" in the U.S.
May I also recomment "Slide RUle" by Nevil Shute Norway.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old March 22nd 04, 06:12 AM