Source of green donuts for instrument tubing installation?

Old April 6th 18, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Movses Babayan

Default Source of green donuts for instrument tubing installation?

None of the usual suspects online produce results - or I don't search using correct terms.

Old April 6th 18, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

Did you try "castration rings?"
Old April 6th 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/syr...MaAnt6EALw_wcB
Old April 6th 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Did you search for "rubber grommets"?
Old April 6th 18, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Available from Farm Supply stores, veterinarians, Tractor Supply stores.
Note: I use them, but out here in the high desert, where double-digit humidity is the exception, not the norm, the rubber donuts dry out and crack after a few months. But then, considering their intended purpose, longevity is not a part of the design.
Old April 6th 18, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 12:02:45 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Available from Farm Supply stores, veterinarians, Tractor Supply stores.
Note: I use them, but out here in the high desert, where double-digit humidity is the exception, not the norm, the rubber donuts dry out and crack after a few months.

Fuel injector O-rings might work; they tend towards large cross-sections and small IDs.
Old April 7th 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I dont use the docking rings anynore, after a few years they deteriorate to mush. I now use a short length
of silicon tube that fits over the instrument tube, a much better lasting material, and cheap.
Dave
Old April 7th 18, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 4:55:52 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I dont use the docking rings anynore, after a few years they deteriorate to mush. I now use a short length
of silicon tube that fits over the instrument tube, a much better lasting material, and cheap.
Dave

Silicone is a good choice. If you prefer O-rings, though you cannot always go by color, green ones are used in auto air conditioning system seals and indicate HNBR. This would be a particularly good rubber for glider tubing "clamps" as well. See the link for HNBR characteristics:

http://www.mantaline.com/capabilitie...e/hnbr-rubber/

bumper

Old April 9th 18, 07:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Is there a particular reason to use donuts or anything similar at all for instrument installation? Just push the tube to pneumatic port and go flying.
Old April 9th 18, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Using them prevents leaks later on, clamping the tubes.