Photo ...(ORD) O'Hare at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon

Old September 8th 05, 09:59 PM
Al

Default Photo ...(ORD) O'Hare at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon

Fortunately, it looks as if NO fun is being had. AL

"Montblack" wrote in message
This was a neat pic. That's all :-)

From AvWeb today:
"Diamond Dropout Landing at ORD"
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/potw04_1136.jpg

John Rippinger of Schaumburg, Illinois took advantage of his back-seat
position with the Lima Lima Flight Team to catch this landing at Chicago's
O'Hare airport, where Lima Lima was delivering the flight crew of a B1
bomber for the 2005 Gary (Indiana) Air Show.

As John writes, this was "the most efficient way to get four aircraft on
the ground (especially at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon at O'Hare)."

Montblack

Old September 8th 05, 10:20 PM
Jim Burns

One day when the family and I were taking the southern route around Lake
Michigan in a 182, Rockford Approach called "traffic less than a mile,
maneuvering, multiple targets, altitude unknown". I about crapped. I was
at 8000. Well I finally looked straight DOWN and here were the four yellow
Lima Lima's doing rolls and loops right under me with smoke on. Must have
been practicing because there wasn't a NOTAM about any airshow on my route.
Pretty cool to see them right underneath me.
Jim