Amery Wisconsin airport HIT HARD last night

Old September 14th 05, 01:02 AM
Montblack

Default Amery Wisconsin airport HIT HARD last night

Lead story on the local Twin Cities 6 pm news:

(AHH) Amery Municipal Airport, Wisconsin
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAHH

....obliterated last night by possible tornado, probable straight line winds.
Direct hit!

(AHH) is about 15 nm in from the Minnesota border, 36 nautical miles east of
my local (ANE) Anoka County-Blaine, MN

I had just come in from my evening walk when the storm blew through. It was
about 9:30 - 10pm when it hit here. Not much power in it - yet.

Montblack

Old September 14th 05, 04:12 AM
Jim Burns

Well, that sucks. One of our partners in the Aztec does a lot of work in
that area and flys up there often. If I get any details, I'll let you know.
Jim

Old September 14th 05, 04:38 AM
Montblack

("Kevin Dunlevy" wrote)
That's bad news. I've been there too. Kevin Dunlevy

Lead story on the local Twin Cities 6 pm news:

(AHH) Amery Municipal Airport, Wisconsin
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAHH

...obliterated last night by possible tornado, probable straight line
winds. Direct hit!

More photos on 10pm (Kare11) news. They reported "some" hangars destroyed
and "some" airplanes tossed about.

WCCO 4 reported at 6pm (with a reporter on the scene) that it was all but
leveled. Isolated number of shots showed same.

KARE11 pictures, from the air, show some hangars standing ...some not. Less
damage than 'CCO was reporting at 6pm. So damage, yes - obliterated, no.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=107191

Montblack