Spark plugs for ASH26E

Old February 2nd 04, 09:06 PM
Ludovic Launer

Default Spark plugs for ASH26E

Hi,

I'm looking for spark plugs for an ASH26E
They are : CHAMPION UG80PV

If anyone knows where I could get hold of these.. anywhere on the globe !,
that would be wonderful...
Equivalent spark plugs (other manufacturer, ...) would also do !

Thanks

Ludovic Launer

Old February 3rd 04, 03:54 PM
Mhudson126

It needs jets.
Old February 3rd 04, 04:30 PM
tango4

The Champion part number breakdown for this plug is

U - Auxilliary gap
G - 10mm thread ?? ( could also be 18mm! )
80 - special/custom heat range
P - Platinum electrode
V - surface Gap ( electrode flush with thread body no extended 'arm' )

Perhaps this might help in your search!

http://www.championaerospace.com/ - the manufacturers web site along with
their distibutor list.

Ian

Old February 3rd 04, 08:26 PM
Dieter Mühlethaler

Hi Ludovic

You have to change to a Bosch type for the spark plug - but for that is some
mechanical work to do on the engine side. Please call Schleicher.

Dieter

Old February 3rd 04, 08:56 PM
Eric Greenwell

Dieter Mühlethaler wrote:
Hi Ludovic

You have to change to a Bosch type for the spark plug - but for that
is some mechanical work to do on the engine side. Please call
Schleicher.

Dieter

Dieter is correct.

The Champion plugs are not available anymore (except by luck, if you
find someone with a few forgotten ones), and the factory now uses a
Bosch plug. Older engines must make a simple (15 minute) modification to
the engine to use the Bosch plug. Your dealer or Schleicher can loan you
the tool to do this.

A year ago, Martin Heide told me the plugs were originally used in
racing cars in Europe, but not anymore, and the supplies have been used
up. That is why they had to switch to a different plug. Several years
ago, I talked to a Champion engineer, who said they were also used in
some military tanks. They were produced in very small quantities for
special orders only, and he did not expect Champion would ever make them
again because of the high cost and very low demand.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Owner Change/rotate spark plugs? Victor J. Osborne, Jr. Owning 34 February 25th 05 08:19 PM
Spark plug question: Massive electrode or fine wire? Peter R. Owning 9 February 4th 05 03:03 AM
Bougies blindées BG à vendre/BG spark plugs for sale stef General Aviation 0 May 14th 04 04:57 PM
Color of spark plugs john smith Owning 5 March 2nd 04 04:08 AM
2nd update on Review of Plasma II Ignition System MikeremlaP Home Built 8 July 22nd 03 01:37 AM