colibri

Old August 15th 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ryanglover1969

Default colibri

Hey guys, I have a question about my Colibri. It has stopped recording
flights and when it turns on I get this message, "init memory" And it
says that the internal seal is not valid. I obviously have to get it
re-calibrated. But it has never stopped recording flight when it was
past it's re-calibration date.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan
Old August 15th 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_4_]

On Aug 15, 2:34*pm, ryanglover1969 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question about my Colibri. It has stopped recording
flights and when it turns on I get this message, "init memory" And it
says that the internal seal is not valid. I obviously have to get it
re-calibrated. But it has never stopped recording flight when it was
past it's re-calibration date.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan

From page 29 of the Colibri manual:
"7 Problems
The following problems and messages might be seen:
· If INIT MEMORY appears after each power up, the lithium back up
battery is defective and should be
exchanged by an authorized LX service dealer.
· Unit ‘hangs’ during initialization. The most likely reason is a
corrupted TP/TSK data base. Carry
out the INIT MEMORY procedure (see below) and reload the data base. If
it happens again, then the
TP/TSK database may be corrupt - look for strange characters and
glitches. If LXe is used to load the
database, it automatically checks for corruption and will not allow it
to be loaded if corrupt. However,
third party programs may not provide this protection
· SEAL NOT valid message informs that the electronic data security
seal has operated. If this message
is seen in conjunction with the INIT MEMORY message, then the lithium
data back up is defective and
should be replaced. If the seal defect alone is reported, then a
possible reason is the use of third party
programs. Both these defects can be repaired by an authorized LX
service dealer. An unsealed unit
will continue to operate satisfactorily when the ESC button is
pressed, but the ‘G’ record will be
missing and any flight records downloaded will fail IGC validation.

Full manual can be downloaded at
http://www.lxnavigation.si/avionics/...ishVer0420.pdf.

Dan

Old August 17th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Aug 15, 11:34*am, ryanglover1969
wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question about my Colibri. It has stopped recording
flights and when it turns on I get this message, "init memory" And it
says that the internal seal is not valid. I obviously have to get it
re-calibrated. But it has never stopped recording flight when it was
past it's re-calibration date.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan,

Please see my calibration page
http://www.craggyaero.com/calibrate.htm

I can replace your battery reset the security seal and calibrate.

One day turn.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Colibri Fred Blair Soaring 2 August 25th 08 03:24 PM
FS Colibri Logger V 3.0 Tim Taylor Soaring 0 December 21st 06 04:26 PM
FS Colibri Ed Hollestelle Soaring 1 December 20th 06 03:00 AM
FS Colibri [email protected] Soaring 0 March 1st 06 12:26 PM
Colibri and Winpilot PRO [email protected] Soaring 14 February 22nd 06 02:43 PM