A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 28th 16, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert
Ads
  #2  
Old February 28th 16, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 636
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 6:10:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert


Gary @ ClearNav can fix you up. He still services GPSNav and 302 equipment. Contact info here http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-contacts.html

best,

Evan Ludeman for CNi
  #3  
Old February 28th 16, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,565
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

Hi Robert,

I have antennas in stock for $49 that work great with the 302. It is
difficult to find GPS antennas with SMC connectors. I don't have them on my
web site.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________________________

wrote in message
...

Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a
good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and
sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a
replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the
GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not
sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert

  #4  
Old February 28th 16, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

Thanks, Paul. I send you a private email in response.

Robert

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 9:31:25 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Robert,

I have antennas in stock for $49 that work great with the 302. It is
difficult to find GPS antennas with SMC connectors. I don't have them on my
web site.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________________________


Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a
good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and
sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a
replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the
GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not
sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert


  #5  
Old February 28th 16, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Thanks, Paul. I send you a private email in response.

Robert

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 9:31:25 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Robert,

I have antennas in stock for $49 that work great with the 302. It is
difficult to find GPS antennas with SMC connectors. I don't have them on my
web site.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________________________


Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a
good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and
sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a
replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the
GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not
sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert


GPS Active Antennas Select length and connector type

http://www.craggyaero.com/antennas.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
  #6  
Old March 10th 16, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

As it turns out, after buying a replacement GPS antenna from Paul @ Cumulus my GPS lock problem persisted on my CAI302 vario. So I contacted Gary K. at ClearNav about the problem and ended up putting my 302 in the mail to him on 4-Mar. Today is 10-Mar and I have my repaired, fully functional and freshly calibrated 302 back in my hand already. Wow, I'm impressed!

Big shout out to Gary and CNi for fantastic service that I will not soon forget the next time I need to make a purchase or require service! Thank you!

Robert


On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:50:58 PM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 6:10:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert


Gary @ ClearNav can fix you up. He still services GPSNav and 302 equipment. Contact info here http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-contacts.html

best,

Evan Ludeman for CNi


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Butterfly vario side-by-side with ClearNav vario [email protected] Soaring 30 May 22nd 13 07:11 AM
Comm antenna distance from pilot? Becker flex antenna? [email protected] Soaring 3 January 16th 13 11:16 AM
Com Antenna Tony Condon[_2_] Soaring 2 May 5th 09 03:11 AM
WTB: 57mm Cambridge Vario/FS: 80mm Cambridge Vario ufmechanic Soaring 0 March 24th 09 06:31 PM
Best VHF Antenna Steve Home Built 6 January 25th 05 03:04 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.