Wanted: Standard Class glider near socal

Old December 17th 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Standard Class glider near socal

Some fellow pilots in SoCal suggested I post here an add for Glider Wanted after a few weeks of searching for my first glider.
Looking for a good condition standard class glider, good to great clamshell trailer package. I prefer auto hook ups and easy rigging.
Discus, Ls3, Dg300; ls4 are at the top of my list.

I don’t want to travel cross country, yet , in order to find one especially if I can find one close to home.

Lastly my budget Can go up to the mid to high 30’s for the right glider package At the top end of my budget it will have to be a complete package, great clamshell trailer, glider in good condition, wing wheel, tail wheel, one man rigger, wing stands, pilot parachute, good flight computer and instruments, transponder O2 and current annual close to SoCal.
I am looking for a ready to fly package, prefer auto hook ups and easy assembly with no major damage history.
I am not interested in competing and don’t want a flap only ship.
If you have or know of a complete ready to go package for sale available near SoCal contact me, I would love to find and purchase my glider soon.

Thank You
Old December 18th 17, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 3:29:23 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Why no flaps? Just curious about what leads you to this decision.
Old December 18th 17, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

wrote:
Some fellow pilots in SoCal suggested I post here an add for

Glider
Wante=
d after a few weeks of searching for my first glider.
Looking for a good condition standard class glider, good to great

clamshe=
ll trailer package. I prefer auto hook ups and easy rigging.=20
Discus, Ls3, Dg300; ls4 are at the top of my list.=20
=20
I don=E2=80=99t want to travel cross country, yet , in order to

find one
=
especially if I can find one close to home.
=20
Lastly my budget Can go up to the mid to high 30=E2=80=99s

for the right
=
glider package At the top end of my budget it will have to be a

complete
pa=
ckage, great clamshell trailer, glider in good condition, wing wheel,

tail
=
wheel, one man rigger, wing stands, pilot parachute, good flight

computer
a=
nd instruments, transponder O2 and current annual close to SoCal.
I am looking for a ready to fly package, prefer auto hook ups

and easy
as=
sembly with no major damage history.=20
I am not interested in competing and don=E2=80=99t want a

flap only ship.
If you have or know of a complete ready to go package for sale

available
=
near SoCal contact me, I would love to find and purchase my glider

soon.
=20
Thank You

Why no flaps? Just curious about what leads you to this decision.

LS3 is flapped??????

Old December 18th 17, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

OP did not say no flaps he said, "no flap only" ships. I took that to mean he wanted dive brakes or spoilers on his ship.
Old December 18th 17, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

I am not interested in competing and don't want a flap only ship.

Why no flaps? Just curious about what leads you to this decision.

Reread his statement. He says flap only, for example HP-14 etc
with no dive brakes in addition to flaps.

RO

Old December 18th 17, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 21:03 18 December 2017, wrote:
OP did not say no flaps he said, "no flap only" ships. I took that to

mean
he wanted dive brakes or spoilers on his ship.

He also said std class ships which the LS3 is not!

Old December 18th 17, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

He also said std class ships which the LS3 is not!

He also has the Ls3 as a possible ship as #2 on his wish-list.
Old December 19th 17, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Monitor Wings & Wheels, Want ads.............page 3 shows a DG-300 with a Cobra trailer for 35K in Southern Cal.
JJ
Old December 19th 17, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Malone

[...]

Have a Jantar Standard 48-3 that I am thinking about selling. No auto hookups, but low hours (less than 140 total), transponder, PowerFlarm, Oudie 2, Mtn high O2 with EDS (new this year), Cobra fiberglass top trailer in good condition, Microair transceiver, no damage history, no flaps, great gelcoat, new main wheel tire, pilot relief, mechanical and electronic varios (Ilec SB-8), contact directly: .
Old December 20th 17, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

All,
Thanks for suggestions. I Did not mean to start a debate, I probably should have just said WTB: Sailplane in or near SoCal and then listed some of my preferences. I was hoping to find a glider for sale I could drive to in a few hours or less, look at it, have a pre sale inspection and talk offer/deal with the owner.
Discus, Ls3, Ls4, DG300 are at the top of my shopping list. I wrote I did not want a flap only ship just to eliminate some models. I wrote easy to rig, and although that may be very subjective we all know some models require a lot more effort, patience and practice to assemble than others. I live a few minutes from the gliderport and hope for three or four flights a week so naturally want something that goes together easy and quickly.
I have been to local gliderports, talked to maintenance facilities and lots of great pilots. I have been looking on W&W, and have looked at a couple gliders for sale. I was hoping that maybe someone might be on the fence for selling and they or someone they know read the the WTB, thus the post.
In my short limited experience I have learned much more than I thought about the process. I was naive to think that finding what I wanted would be easy.....I underestimated the inventory and what I will get for my target price.....that’s on me. One mans “great condition” is another’s needs refinish now.
So, thank you for the posts and information,
Happy holidays