Video clip from the Sunship Game

Old August 11th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Free Flight 107

Default Video clip from the Sunship Game

On Aug 11, 8:19*am, Oscar Alonso wrote:
On Aug 10, 1:23*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

On Aug 10, 10:53*am, "
wrote:

On Aug 10, 6:00*am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. *Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Yes. *LS6. *But I'm biased...

Cheers,

66

Where can I get a copy of the movie?? I've never seen it.

Try searching for zoozle for: *"The Sunship Game"

http://www.zoozle.org/- Hide quoted text -

Try http://www.torrentportal.com/torrent...unship+Game%22

3 to choose from. Greatest Glider movie ever made. Saw it first at the
Air Sailing XC Camp at ASI Reno this summer. And yes the 4 constants
are; Girls in Bikinis, Libelles, Cessnas, and doing ANYTHING TO WIN!

FreeFlight Wayne
Old August 11th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ed Winchester[_2_]

All,

I tried the zoozle link, and it just takes you to a service that you
have to pay for. I decided it was worth it, so I paid, only to find
that The Sunship Game wasn't available anywhere. I feel somewhat
scammed by this post.

The second link, at torrentportal, doesn't find this movie either. How
are you guys doing this?

Ed

Old August 11th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_2_]

Tryhttp://www.torrentportal.com/torrents-search.php?search=%22The+Sunshi...

3 to choose from. Greatest Glider movie ever made. Saw it first at the
Air Sailing XC Camp at ASI Reno this summer. And yes the 4 constants
are; Girls in Bikinis, Libelles, Cessnas, and doing ANYTHING TO WIN!

FreeFlight Wayne- Hide quoted text -

I was at that contest when I was 11 years old. Alas, too young to
fully appreciate Libelles, Cessnas or even Girls in Bikinis.

Old August 13th 09, 11:11 PM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member

I also cannot seem to find a way to download this video. I've tried the various bit torrent routes but either it's not working or I'm too dense to figure it out. I really want this film! It seems to hark back to an age I'd love to get a glimpse of. Looking for a simplified way to get it.
Old August 14th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

tienshanman wrote:
.... I really want this film! It seems to hark back to an
age I'd love to get a glimpse of.

Yeah, like the shot of the guy smoking a cigarette - in flight.

Tony
Old August 14th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

LOL on take off no less. Many pilots back then use to smoke while they
flew. Ashtrays in sailplanes, just imagine, but it is true.

Old August 20th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

On Aug 9, 3:55*pm, "ventus2" wrote:
The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

Interesting observation.

Gliders evolved and Cessna's remained dinosaurs. I think we have
racing to thank for that. Racing improves the breed.
Old August 21st 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

bildan wrote:
On Aug 9, 3:55 pm, "ventus2" wrote:
The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

Interesting observation.

Gliders evolved and Cessna's remained dinosaurs. I think we have
racing to thank for that. Racing improves the breed.

Yeah, but that doesn't account for the fact that the cars in the movie
have evolved too. The single engine airplane (and light twin) world is
still mucking with fuel mixtures, prop speeds, cowl flaps, manual waste
gates, and the like. Gimme a break!

Tony
Old August 21st 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

Gliders evolved and Cessna's remained dinosaurs. *I think we have
racing to thank for that. *Racing improves the breed.

Yeah, but that doesn't account for the fact that the cars in the movie
have evolved too. The single engine airplane (and light twin) world is
still mucking with fuel mixtures, prop speeds, cowl flaps, manual waste
gates, and the like. Gimme a break!

What we have to thank for that is the wonders of government "safety"
regulation. Car engines and parts are much more reliable than aviation
engines, which are stuck in 1950s -- but "certified" technology. It's
not worth it to certify new designs so we get stuck with the old ones.
Ultralights and light sport seem finally to be using modern technology
-- because they don't have to spend a million bucks certifying it with
the FAA.

John Cochrane
Old August 21st 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Aug 20, 5:51*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
Gliders evolved and Cessna's remained dinosaurs. *I think we have
racing to thank for that. *Racing improves the breed.

Yeah, but that doesn't account for the fact that the cars in the movie
have evolved too. The single engine airplane (and light twin) world is
still mucking with fuel mixtures, prop speeds, cowl flaps, manual waste
gates, and the like. Gimme a break!

What we have to thank for that is the wonders of government "safety"
regulation. Car engines and parts are much more reliable than aviation
engines, which are stuck in 1950s -- but "certified" technology. It's
not worth it to certify new designs so we get stuck with the old ones.
Ultralights and light sport seem finally to be using modern technology
-- because they don't have to spend a million bucks certifying it with
the FAA.

John Cochrane

It will be interesting to see what becomes of Danny Howells attempts
to certify the LightHawk sailplane. If anyone has the wherewithall to
do it it is him, and the LightHawk is an amazing machine.

I wish him the best.

Brad

The Sunship Game vic20owner Soaring 5 April 15th 09 08:00 PM
WTB copy of The Sunship Game scooter Soaring 7 August 4th 05 02:00 AM
Sun Ship Game Video [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 05 06:18 PM
The insane spitfire video clip Highwood Piloting 1 November 30th 03 11:48 PM
The insane spitfire video clip gatt Piloting 95 November 10th 03 04:57 AM