What Is This?

Old March 4th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Default What Is This?

On 3/5/2012 9:31 AM, Keith W wrote:
Sam wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:33:00 -0500, Martin X. Moleski, SJ wrote:

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:38:20 -0500,
wrote :

32.866436,-114.385992
Yes, thank you I am very aware it is a lat/long. Did anyone actually
search Google Maps/Earth for the view?
I don't know.

I do and did and I have no idea what that runway markings are. They
appear to be painted, not VOR.

They are standard runway markings that is tenths of the magnetic heading

Approacing the marking 24 you are on rough magnetic heading of 240 deg etc

Keith

Looks like some-one knew the photo was going to be taken and did a
little overtime with paint and brush...
Its a lack of crop circle I tells ya
Old March 4th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

Dan wrote in

How about you worded your question poorly? You didn't ask what the
image is. You just gave a series of numbers and asked what the are.
You were told several times. If you had asked what the picture shows
you might have received a better answer.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Excellent answer... Dan..

Old March 4th 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Gordon[_2_]

On Mar 4, 11:00*am, Quaalude wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:55:31 -0800 (PST), Gordon wrote:
btw, did you both to say thank you to the ten people who attempted to
answer your apparently poorly worded question?

You're an asshole but I feel in the Easter mood so.............

I have some helpful information for you.

There are exactly two categories of people who might read any article
you post. The first group comprises those who know you're a liar,
an self-exposed idiot, a ****horse and a dickhead.

The second includes only those who have never heard of you.

Your lies and incoherent nonsense just give the first group an
opportunity to laugh out loud at you, and any of the second group who
see that **** of yours and will immediately migrate to the first.

If you want to maintain as good an image as possible, your best bet?

Shut the **** up.

not likely. that would be like me telling you to grow up.
Old March 4th 12, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Gordon[_2_]

On Mar 4, 11:10*am, Quaalude wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 13:57:16 -0500, Sam wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:55:48 -0800 (PST), Gordon wrote:

stupid rabbit hunt anyway -

Uh-oh.

Someone just made a fool out of themselves. larf

Though every time I read a thread like this I cannot help but think of
Gordon as the lonely kid who hates the prom queen for no other reason
than he has no chance of ****ing her.

I'm sorry but it sounds like jealousy from him. And as a member of the
forum - by no means a prolific one - it kind of embarrasses me.

lets seee... my guess is Bayman, but I suppose it could be Rob. shrug
Old March 5th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Daryl

On 3/4/2012 4:56 PM, Gordon wrote:
On Mar 4, 11:00 am, wrote:
[...]

They just came in on your latest tirades. Like coming in at the
middle of the movie. They haven't seen the good you have done in
the past. How about going back to doing that good.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and
Old March 5th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
John Szalay[_2_]

Quaalude wrote in news:jj099j$p69$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:59:24 -0500, Quaalude wrote:

32.866436,-114.385992

Yes, thank you I am very aware it is a lat/long. Did anyone actually
search Google Maps/Earth for the view?

Compass Rose ..

Old March 5th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Gordon[_2_]

On Mar 4, 11:00 am, *wrote:
[...]

Probably so. Replying doesn't seem to be working the last couple of
days.

Old March 5th 12, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_12_]

On 3/4/2012 6:31 PM, John Szalay wrote:
wrote in news:jj099j$p69$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:59:24 -0500, Quaalude wrote:

32.866436,-114.385992

Yes, thank you I am very aware it is a lat/long. Did anyone actually
search Google Maps/Earth for the view?

Compass Rose ..

I wonder if it is a compass rose and, if so, its purpose. I have
swung compasses on fixed and rotary wing aircraft and never used such a
thing.

With a magnetic compass the aircraft had engines running and most
systems on. It would be taxied to the 4 cardinal points while a man on
the ground would use a master compass and indicate errors to a man in
the cockpit.

For a slaved compass a single line would be painted on the pavement
during a magnetic survey using an MC-1M or similar system. One edge of
the paint had to be precise, the other was irrelevant. The aircraft
would be parked, nose North, on the line as closely alined to the
accurate edge as possible using plumb bobs. A work sheet had entries for
alinement error. The aircraft would never be moved for the remainder of
the swing. I will omit details of the actual swing. Suffice to say the
flux valve is swung before the aircraft is moved into position using a
transit telescope sighted on a distant target. The flux valve is then
mounted in the aircraft. Then the boring stuff begins.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 5th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_38_]

On 03/03/2012 11:59 AM, Quaalude wrote:
32.866436,-114.385992

On Bing.com maps it appears to be painted on the tarmac. Perhaps a helo
test site?

--
Mike
Old March 5th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_38_]

On 04/03/2012 12:38 PM, Quaalude wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:59:24 -0500, Quaalude wrote:

32.866436,-114.385992

Yes, thank you I am very aware it is a lat/long. Did anyone actually
search Google Maps/Earth for the view?

I looked at Google maps, and Bing.com maps.