the AWOL status of Bush is a relevant election issue

Old July 11th 04, 04:35 PM
D. Strang

Default the AWOL status of Bush is a relevant election issue

wrote
the AWOL status of Bush is a relevant election issue
It relates directly to the possible drafting of thousands of young Americans.
These future draftees may be serving under an AWOL Commander-in-Chief.

Future draft? Never heard it was being considered. We already have something
better than the draft, and it's called the Individual Ready Reserve. Why screw up
something that works?

President Bush was never AWOL. There would be a record of that.

Old July 11th 04, 04:54 PM
WalterM140

President Bush was never AWOL. There would be a record of that.

Yes there is:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc10.gif

Walt

Old July 11th 04, 05:03 PM
D. Strang

"WalterM140" wrote
President Bush was never AWOL. There would be a record of that.

Yes there is:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc10.gif

I don't see any non-judicial punishment or charges. I don't even see the
term AWOL in that link. That link has nothing to do with the condition of
being absent without leave. Being AWOL is something the military frowns
on, and is highlighted in your records. It follows you forever.

Old July 11th 04, 06:21 PM
WalterM140

Yes there is:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc10.gif

I don't see any non-judicial punishment or charges.

The link shows a 16 month period when Bush performed no duties whatsoever.

Don't call it AWOL then. Just don't call it an honorable way to act.

Walt
Old July 11th 04, 07:25 PM
WalterM140

Between January 20, 1993, and January 20, 2001, every US service member
served under a commander-in-chief who had left the country to avoid military
service in time of war.

Clinton's not running.

The point, for me, is that the Bush campaign has impugned Senator Kerry's
service when they cannot account for two years of Bush's service.

Walt
Old July 11th 04, 08:26 PM
WalterM140

The point, for me, is that the Bush campaign has impugned Senator Kerry's
service when they cannot account for two years of Bush's service.

Walt

Walt, your left wing bitterness is blinding you. No one in the Bush campaign
is
impugning Kerry's military service. They are, however, questioning his
Congressional record.

There are people who question the validity of Kerry's war time actions, but
no
one in the Bush campaign is doing so. It would be political suicide.

Check this link:

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/book...rticleid=19169

Excerpt:

Anti-Kerry vets are Bush mercenaries

By Wayne Woodlief

Thursday, May 6, 2004

I'll take those stout-hearted Vietnam veterans defending John Kerry [related,
bio] any day over that bitter, inconsistent crew that tried to smear him, to
the benefit of President Bush [related, bio], at the National Press Club
Tuesday.

Kerry is ``totally unfit to be commander in chief,'' said former Navy Lt.
Cmdr. George Elliott, Kerry's direct commanding officer in Vietnam, along with
retired Rear Adm. Roy Hoffman, former Coast Guard Captain Adrian Lonsdale and
several other higher-ups in the chain of command over Kerry at the time.

They belittled Kerry's three Purple Hearts and said he had undermined
troops in the field when, upon being discharged from the Navy, he became a
leader of the anti-war movement and testified of ``atrocities'' by U.S. forces.

Yet Elliott had written up Kerry for a Silver Star for gallantry back in
1969. And he and Lonsdale had sung a different tune when they stood by Kerry's
side in 1996 when the senator was in a tough fight for re-election.

[end]

There really is a Republican Party dirty tricks apparatus.

The Bush campaign HAS been scummy enough to attack Senator Kerry's service when
Bush can't account for two years of his service.

Walt

Old July 11th 04, 10:54 PM
Brooks Gregory

I wonder where John Edwards was during the Viet Nam war. With a DOB of 1953,
he certainly was old enough to have served. Why didn't he?

--
Brooks Gregory
http://www.theaapc.org/

Old July 11th 04, 11:21 PM
D. Strang

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote

The vast majority of high school grads (over 97%) are unfit for
service. Rich or poor. Most are just too stupid. Or over
weight. Then too many males are either out of control (drugs,
alcohol, felonies) or mommies boys who lack self discipline and
will (emasculated).

This caused me to have a flashback. When I was in Basic training,
the second night, there was a huge noise and the DI came in and was
throwing people around like wood. Kicking bunks over, etc. When
myself and Ernie (forget his last name now) grabbed him by the neck
and legs, then two more guys started to kick the **** out of him. He
went slack, and we let him go. He slowly got up and brushed himself
off as we cautiously gave him a little room, and then we turned around
and about 30 guys were hiding behind things, and none near enough
to help. He said in his best winded voice. In five days we better all
be ready to kill, or he would drag our mamma's down to pick up the
body. Then he appointed those of us that tackled him as squad leaders,
and took us to the DI tent for coffee where he had an academic
heart to heart with us about where we were headed, and what a
squad leader was used for. He died in a plane crash in Bolivia about
1968 on his way home. I still have the bite mark on my hand where
he nearly tore my little finger off.

Anyway, unless your from the inner city, or play rough sports, you're
probably not ready for the Infantry :-)

Old July 12th 04, 02:02 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"WalterM140" wrote in message

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc10.gif

That is not a record of Bush being AWOL.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Bush has already won re-election SCE Military Aviation 11 November 19th 03 10:16 PM