noise pollution from private planes

Old March 25th 05, 07:53 PM

Default noise pollution from private planes

I live in a relatively quiet city, until recently. A flight school
opened up across the bay from me, and all day long, all I can hear
outside are these private plane motor noises.

It is really awful. It is like having a gas powered lawn mower
above me all day long. As one plane leaves, another one takes
its place. I am grateful when the evening comes, or for a rainy
day, so I wont hear them anymore.

Let's get some noise control on these small planes before we all go
crazy.

Old March 25th 05, 08:21 PM
Dude

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in a relatively quiet city, until recently. A flight school
opened up across the bay from me, and all day long, all I can hear
outside are these private plane motor noises.

It is really awful. It is like having a gas powered lawn mower
above me all day long. As one plane leaves, another one takes
its place. I am grateful when the evening comes, or for a rainy
day, so I wont hear them anymore.

Let's get some noise control on these small planes before we all go
crazy.

Call your congresspeople and tell them to:

A) Protect urban airports so they don't all move out to the middle of
nowhere.
B) Enact a law that forces disclosure of nearby airports to land buyers with
a warning that it will ONLY GET WORSE.
C) Stop taxing the hell out of the airlines with one hand, while supporting
them with the other.
D) Enact Tort reform - this will create an environment where people will be
encouraged to develop new technology.
E) Get the FAA back in the business of IMPROVING general aviation.

Old March 25th 05, 08:48 PM

In this newgroup it sounds like a troll to me, but okay I'll bite.

I live right next to a military airbase that has F/A-18's blasting off
in pairs all day long. To me, that's the sound of freedom. I'd sit on
my balcony all day and watch 'em go all day if I could.

I'm sure the airport was there when you bought your house. You got a
good deal when you bought it because of the noise, now don't complain
about the noise. If you don't like it, move.

Old March 25th 05, 09:37 PM
RST Engineering

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

This asshole posts this same message about three or four times a year, and
somebody always bites.

Jim

Old March 25th 05, 09:43 PM
Steve Foley

Go make a donation to www.aviationtomorrow.com

They're working on an electric airplane. If you buy one for everyone, you
won't have to 'hear lawnmowers'

oups.com...

Old March 26th 05, 01:01 AM
UltraJohn

Must be a pretty small bay to have theirexistencepattern go over your house.
I've never noticed small airplanes to be THAT loud. Hey I have an
idea . . . Why don't you give us your name and address and we all can send
you a pair of ear plugs and you won't have to hear any of it!
Get a life, you should have know of the existence of an airport before you
bought a house, even if the "flight school" is new any airport has the
potential for "noise".
John

Old March 26th 05, 01:03 AM
UltraJohn

RST Engineering wrote:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

This asshole posts this same message about three or four times a year, and
somebody always bites.

Jim

I did nothing better to do tonight! ;-)
John

Boy I hope this weather breaks tomorrow so I can go flying,only 5 more days
left on my special issuance. I should have it's replacement within a couple
weeks though. "fingers crossed"

Old March 26th 05, 06:53 PM
Falky foo

Troll or not, he brings up a good point.

Fact is, he's posting to a group of people who are making all the noise.
It's like telling a Harley owner that motorcycles are just too damn loud.
In fact, each city has noise ordinances and if you and your neighbors get
together you can convince city councils to do just about anything. But you
need to take the time and effort to do it. I have very sensitive hearing
and you can bet if some yahoos kept doing figure 8 above my house it would
drive me insane-- I'd do everything in my power to stop it.

oups.com...

Old March 26th 05, 07:17 PM
Roger

On 25 Mar 2005 12:48:42 -0800, wrote:

In this newgroup it sounds like a troll to me, but okay I'll bite.

It is. Ther very same post was up about two months ago.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com