Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

Old May 21st 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

Default Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Stealth Pilot writes:

aeroplanes fly because of lift generated by pressure differences on
the wing surfaces.

Airplanes fly because the wings divert the air through which they pass
downwards, creating a downwash and exerting a force in doing so that
engenders
an opposite force that is lift.

So near, and yet so far...

... these pressure differences are caused by the shape
of the aerofoil of the wing ...

The air is diverted because the wing has a positve angle of attack. It
can be
perfectly flat and it will still generate lift.

God! Grant me strength!

Peter

Old May 21st 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BDS[_2_]

"Tina" wrote

How do you trim without relying on sensations?

On May 21, 1:57 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
A Lieberman writes:
Show me where I say I rely on sensations AND NOT INSTRUMENTS.

You've said multiple times that sensations tell you when something is
happening, and that you look at instruments when you feel sensations.

You are
relying on sensations.

In the PC sim the trim is just like another elevator. You hold the yoke in
the position for level flight, trim in the appropriate direction, then move
the yoke to the new position for level flight, rinse and repeat.

It's just like flying, only different. :)

BDS

Old May 21st 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

On Tue, 20 May 2008 07:27:28 -0700 (PDT), A Lieberman wrote:

you are setting your self up for a fatal accident.
you need to learn about somatogravic thresholds, the effect of alcohol
on the viscosity of the fluids of the inner ear and above all you need

Did you read my entire post????

He's a Stealth Pilot, no need to learn to read. lol
Old May 21st 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Buster Hymen writes:

You really set up four seats in your sim? What a doofus.

The aircraft has six seats, including those of the pilot(s).

Thanks, Anthony. You just proved you're an even bigger doofus.

Old May 21st 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

We trim by holding the yoke, and adjust trim to reduce perceived
pressure. That is very much a sensation and the use of sensation to
fly the airplane correctly.

The point being, we are using sensation to correctly fly an airplane
in actual IMC, or VFR, or whatever.

Anyone who asserts we do not use those kinds of sensations are not
appropriate is incorrect.

Old May 21st 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Buster Hymen writes:

Now you're saying that crashing while VFR is non-fatal, but crashing
while IFR is.

No, I'm saying that a VFR crash is irrelevant to a discussion of IFR.

What a marooon!
Old May 21st 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

Who slams into a mountain in VMC and then preaches to others
about how to fly in IMC?!

I thought it was just a simulation. Is it real now?

Anthony, you don't know the difference. Never have and never will.

Old May 21st 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Foley

"Tina" wrote in message

Anyone who asserts we do not use those kinds of sensations are not
appropriate is incorrect.

Never stopped MX.

Old May 21st 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
A Lieberman writes:

How do you know since MSFS does not give you physical feedback?

The law requires it.

Besides the above is WRONG. IFR means Instrument Flight Rules which
is different then IMC.

I wrote IFR because I meant IFR, not IMC.

Ok, fjukktard, cite the FAR which requires MSFS to give physical feedback.

Do you ever know what you mean?

Old May 21st 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

... a REAL flight simulator ...

This looks like an oxymoron to me.

Wow, Anthony. You're looking in the mirror again.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM
Feeling aircraft sensations Ramapriya Piloting 17 January 12th 06 10:15 AM