1966 C-172 For Auction

Old July 1st 07, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

Default 1966 C-172 For Auction

I have listed another aircraft on ebay for one of my airport
naighbors, this one is a 1966 Cessna 172G with 795 SMOH, in annual and
ready to fly right now. This is NOT a show quality plane, it DOES have
major damage history, and it AIN'T perfect. It is not embarrassing in
any way, it's just a cheap family cruiser or time builder only. This
one should go fairly cheap (as 172's go), and will provide many
hundreds or even thousands of hours of cheap, reliable flying.

If you're an avionics-porno addict, this one ain't for you. It's a
plain vanilla VFR cruiser with nothing worth writing home about in the
panel.

As I wrote in the auction description, lay a $250 handheld GPS on top
of the glareshield and you will arrive at your destination with the
same precision as a $200K+ new 172, but you will have $170,000 or so
more in your pocket than Mister Full Retail has in his pocket. Perhaps
that chunk of money will relieve some of the agony of not keeping up
with the avionics Joneses.

You can put that $170K into private school for your kids... and the
guy who mortgaged his house for the new 172 will have to ship his kids
off to public school... and then HE will have to endure the heartache
of seeing HIS kids contorting their little hands into incomprehensible
gang signals as they are assisted into the back of the police car.

Better bid on this 172 in a hurry. Don't do it for me, do it for the
sake of your children....

Old July 1st 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

Anthony W wrote:
What, no link???

Tony

There's only 1 172G listed right now.

Old July 1st 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Ron Natalie wrote:

What, no link???

There's only 1 172G listed right now.

I found it but for some reason searching on 172 didn't find it. It's
not in my budget but it looks like a pretty good deal.

Tony
Old July 2nd 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Whiting

Anthony W wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:

What, no link???

There's only 1 172G listed right now.

I found it but for some reason searching on 172 didn't find it. It's
not in my budget but it looks like a pretty good deal.

Tony

Since when are 172s homebuilts?
Old July 2nd 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

On Jul 1, 5:45 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
Anthony W wrote:

Since when are 172s homebuilts?

Since airplane buyers are often looking for an airplane but are
flexible in terms of exactly what they are going to buy. Someone
looking for a Christavia Mk. 4 homebuilt , an O'Neill Magnum
homebuilt, a 4 seat Comp Monster homebuilt, or perhaps someone who WAS
willing to settle for a Kitfox... may find that they can get a 172 for
the same price, regardless of whether it is certified.

In other words, a seller of a Turbine Legend, or a 2/3 scale P-51, or
a brand new Yak-18 / CJ-6 would ROUTINELY put their ad in a Warbirds
newsgroup even though a Legend and a Chinese trainer are definitely
not warbirds, but because those airplanes have the same kind of
performance as many warbirds... it's fair game. And a guy who wants a
P-51 but is thinking twice about the price tag might be interested to
know of an airplane of similar performance for less money. BTW, the
reserve price of $24,000 HAS been met on this auction, so at this
stage high bid flies away with a good solid airplane.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
El Maximo

oups.com...
Anthony W wrote:

Since when are 172s homebuilts?

Since airplane buyers are often looking for an airplane but are
flexible in terms of exactly what they are going to buy.

Ya think maybe of someone's looking to BUY a plane they might check RAM ?

Posting this on RAH is spam.

I'll give ya $10 for it.

Old July 3rd 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al Giazirra

Anthony W wrote:

[...]

Geez, Marketing 101. Whodathunkit?

Old July 3rd 07, 09:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

On Jul 2, 4:12 pm, "El Maximo" wrote:

Ya think maybe of someone's looking to BUY a plane they might check RAM ?

Posting this on RAH is spam.

I'll give ya $10 for it.

But Your Honor, does that mean that all the hundreds of 'experimental
for sale' notices I saw on RAH for YEARS were also spam... but you and
the Content Police DIDN'T bitch them out? That would constitute a
"prescriptive easement", to use a common real estate term, meaning
that if similar postings not 100% on-topic were tolerated on RAH in
the past then at a certain point the Content Police lose their right
to arbitrarily yip-yap about it at a later date.

Postings not 100% on-topic in RAH... Perish the thought!

Send me the ten dollars, I'll see whether the owner will take it.

Old July 3rd 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
El Maximo

"Victor Bravo" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 2, 4:12 pm, "El Maximo" wrote:

Ya think maybe of someone's looking to BUY a plane they might check RAM ?

Posting this on RAH is spam.

I'll give ya $10 for it.

But Your Honor, does that mean that all the hundreds of 'experimental
for sale' notices I saw on RAH for YEARS were also spam...

Yes.

but you and the Content Police DIDN'T bitch them out?

Nope.

That would constitute a
"prescriptive easement", to use a common real estate term, meaning
that if similar postings not 100% on-topic were tolerated on RAH in
the past then at a certain point the Content Police lose their right
to arbitrarily yip-yap about it at a later date.

It's still spam

Postings not 100% on-topic in RAH... Perish the thought!

Send me the ten dollars, I'll see whether the owner will take it.

Never mind. I won't buy from spammers.