ASW19 Tail Dolly

Old November 30th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Allardyce

Default ASW19 Tail Dolly

Hello All,

I recently purchased an ASW19 and unfortunately it did not include a
tail dolly. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows if an ASW20
tail dolly would fit on an ASW19. I've heard rumblings that their
fuselages are very similar (if not the same). Has anyone had any
experience with this?

Also, if an ASW20 tail dolly would fit on a 19, does anyone have an
extra ASW20 (or a 19) tail dolly kicking around.

Thanks,
Jay
Old November 30th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 30, 8:53*am, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Hello All,

I recently purchased an ASW19 and unfortunately it did not include a
tail dolly. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows if an ASW20
tail dolly would fit on an ASW19. I've heard rumblings that their
fuselages are very similar (if not the same). Has anyone had any
experience with this?

Also, if an ASW20 tail dolly would fit on a 19, does anyone have an
extra ASW20 (or a 19) tail dolly kicking around.

Thanks,
Jay

They are the same.
UH
Old November 30th 11, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Walters[_2_]

On Nov 30, 5:53*am, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Hello All,

I recently purchased an ASW19 and unfortunately it did not include a
tail dolly. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows if an ASW20
tail dolly would fit on an ASW19. I've heard rumblings that their
fuselages are very similar (if not the same). Has anyone had any
experience with this?

Also, if an ASW20 tail dolly would fit on a 19, does anyone have an
extra ASW20 (or a 19) tail dolly kicking around.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay

I have one available.

Rick Walters
Old July 26th 16, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

SItuation:

I bought an ASW-20 in late April, and I broke the tail dolly. It sheared along a glue line, and I assess that a repair involving bolts and more glue will not work well, as the shape may not fit after such a repair.

FYI same tail dolly dimensions:

ASW-20
ASW-19
Pegase (Pegasus)

Requested assistance:

Does anyone have an idea where I can get one ?

Paul
R6
Member of Caesar Creek Soaring Club
Waynesville, Ohio

Old July 26th 16, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:35:26 -0700, navigateoh wrote:

SItuation:

I bought an ASW-20 in late April, and I broke the tail dolly. It sheared
along a glue line, and I assess that a repair involving bolts and more
glue will not work well, as the shape may not fit after such a repair.

FYI same tail dolly dimensions:

ASW-20 ASW-19 Pegase (Pegasus)

Disagree. The Pegase was said to have a (slightly) bigger diameter tail
boom than a 20 to make the boom a bit stronger. To see if this was true I
tried putting my ASW-20 dolly on the club's Pegase 90 and it wouldn't
close. My guess is that the Peg's boom is somewhere between 3-5mm bigger
in diameter, enough that the fit of either half on the boom made me feel
that forcing the dolly shut would be a really bad idea.

It might be possible to use a Peg dolly on a 19 or 20 by installing
newer, thicker lining felt, but it might also be quite a hassle getting
the thickness right.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old July 26th 16, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Paul-

Not sure if the Pegase fuselage is the same as the 20 or 19. I believe Centrair increased the diameter of the tail boom when they stopped manufacturing the ASW-20F and began Pegase production.
Old July 26th 16, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

If it's not a "direct fit", it's so close that a minor change makes it fit. Not a big deal.
Old July 27th 16, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul H.

Hard to say, but IMI Gliding has a dolly that fits multiple gliders including the ASW-20.

http://www.imi-gliding.com/products/tail-dolly.html

Tail Dolly Type = "Atlas"
Compatility = "ASW-19/20, Pegase, TST-10 Atlas".
Old July 27th 16, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 7:53:25 AM UTC-6, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Hello All,

I recently purchased an ASW19 and unfortunately it did not include a
tail dolly. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows if an ASW20
tail dolly would fit on an ASW19. I've heard rumblings that their
fuselages are very similar (if not the same). Has anyone had any
experience with this?

Also, if an ASW20 tail dolly would fit on a 19, does anyone have an
extra ASW20 (or a 19) tail dolly kicking around.

Thanks,
Jay

I've got a very nice pegasus tail dolly, (looks almost new)
I'd take $250 plus shipping
The rubber tire is kinda' old but holds air
Eimail for pictures

Scott Williams
Williams two three one

LS4 tail dolly Leigh Soaring 0 May 30th 08 02:02 AM
ASK-21 - is a tail dolly necessary? Dave Springford Soaring 7 December 31st 07 08:43 AM
FS: ASW-24 Tail Dolly [email protected] Soaring 0 December 26th 06 02:40 PM
WTB: used tail dolly David Campbell Soaring 5 April 17th 06 03:19 PM
L-23 tail dolly Mark Zivley Soaring 1 November 27th 04 11:16 AM