Mini-Imp

Old November 10th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Curt Fennell

Default Mini-Imp

The Mini-Imp http://www.mini-imp.com/ looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt
--
"Captain Curt" Fennell
Old November 10th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bod43

On 10 Nov, 00:48, Curt Fennell
wrote:
The Mini-Imphttp://www.mini-imp.com/looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt

Sounds terrible.

Mini - http://theblogpound.files.wordpress....t-red-f-lr.jpg

Imp - http://www.comp.co.uk/gallery/pics/H...3%20ML1360.jpg

Would you keep the front of the Mini and the back
of the Imp and end up with two engines and no trunk
or vice versa and have no engines and two trunks?

I'll get me coat...
Old November 10th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"bod43" wrote in message
On 10 Nov, 00:48, Curt Fennell
wrote:
The Mini-Imphttp://www.mini-imp.com/looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt

Sounds terrible.

Mini -
http://theblogpound.files.wordpress....t-red-f-lr.jpg

Imp - http://www.comp.co.uk/gallery/pics/H...3%20ML1360.jpg

Would you keep the front of the Mini and the back
of the Imp and end up with two engines and no trunk
or vice versa and have no engines and two trunks?

I'll get me coat...

Interestingly, those were the days--when little cars really did get the fuel
economy to which we only aspire today, were a LOT more fun, and an average
owner could readily accomplish most of the maintenance by himself...

Old November 10th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Curt Fennell" wrote in message
.. .
The Mini-Imp http://www.mini-imp.com/ looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt
--
"Captain Curt" Fennell

Not really an answer to the question, because I know so little about them;
but here is a link in case anyone on the group doesn't remember what they
we http://www.mini-imp.com/

Peter

Old November 10th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Curt Fennell" wrote in message
.. .
The Mini-Imp http://www.mini-imp.com/ looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt
--
"Captain Curt" Fennell

Not really an answer to the question, because I know so little about them;
but here is a link in case anyone on the group doesn't remember what they
we http://www.mini-imp.com/

Peter

OOOooopps!!

How did I miss reading the top line.

The little bird received something approaching rave reviews initially, IRRC.

However, I have no idea how it may have stood the test of time, not do I
have any idea of the skill level required of the pilot--and that can be
important.

Peter

Old November 10th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Default OT MiniJem (was: Mini-Imp)

Peter Dohm wrote:
"bod43" wrote in message
On 10 Nov, 00:48, Curt Fennell
wrote:
The Mini-Imphttp://www.mini-imp.com/looks like an interesting
project, but it has the scent of something too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Curt

Sounds terrible.

Mini -
http://theblogpound.files.wordpress....t-red-f-lr.jpg

Imp - http://www.comp.co.uk/gallery/pics/H...3%20ML1360.jpg

Would you keep the front of the Mini and the back
of the Imp and end up with two engines and no trunk
or vice versa and have no engines and two trunks?

I'll get me coat...

Interestingly, those were the days--when little cars really did get the fuel
economy to which we only aspire today, were a LOT more fun, and an average
owner could readily accomplish most of the maintenance by himself...

I think this is more like what he had in mind: the Mini-Jem.
http://www.minijem.plus.com/jemdevs/p1.html
This was a plastic body on Mini mechanicals - lots of fun,
but SMALLER than a mini and relatively hard to get into.

The Mini was everywhere in the sixties - the choice of debutantes,
boy-racers and the economy minded - a masterpiece!
But the E-type (XKE) was more beautiful than any coupe before or
(probably) since, I think.. Brian W
Old November 10th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Peter Dohm wrote:
"Curt Fennell".. wrote The Mini-Imp

http://www.mini-imp.com/ looks
like an interesting project...
Curt

...here is a link:
http://www.mini-imp.com/ ...
Peter

Huh?
Old November 10th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"brian whatcott" wrote in message
Peter Dohm wrote:
"Curt Fennell".. wrote The Mini-Imp

http://www.mini-imp.com/ looks
like an interesting project...
Curt

...here is a link: http://www.mini-imp.com/ ...
Peter

Huh?

I try not to do anything that stupid too often...

Mini Cams [email protected] Soaring 21 April 2nd 06 12:31 PM
MINI-MAX WANTED Chuck Home Built 2 March 16th 06 02:05 PM
Mini-500 Sim Jim Aviation Marketplace 0 January 27th 04 12:32 AM
Mini Imp Randall Robertson Simulators 3 December 17th 03 06:56 AM
Mini Imp Randall Robertson Home Built 0 November 25th 03 01:17 AM