AirBus A380... coming to America

Old March 19th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default AirBus A380... coming to America

Old March 19th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message...
Flav8R,

I still say "If it ain't Boeing it ain't going".

You saying "the earth is flat" would be about as meaningful.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Listen here, I just watched the new trailer for "Pirates of the Caribbean"
and according to Jerry Bruckheimer the earth is flat.

So there...the earth is flat.
Otherwise when you would fly straight and level you'd end up in space.

David

Old March 19th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

I was in the air and saw it.
http://kevinandrews.com/this_is_the_...s_superjum.htm

"john smith" wrote in message
Two A380's will be arriving in America simultaneously Monday, March 19
to test the handling facilities at JFK (Lufthansa) and LAX (Quantas).

Old March 20th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Mar 19, 6:20 pm, "Aluckyguess" wrote:
I was in the air and saw

Cool photos, K. Reminds me of the last time I flew over JFK. I saw
what was probably the last Concorde landing there from about 3,000 ft.

Old March 20th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Kingfish writes:

I'm just as much an aviation gonzo as anybody, but I can't see camping
out around the airport fence to watch the 380 fly in...

Nor I. Either there are a lot more pathologically fanatic aviation fans in
Los Angeles than I thought, or the airport is being extremely optimistic in
its predictions of public interest.

Old March 20th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

3 words: "Airliners dot net."

There are already about two billion photos of the A380 on airliners.net.

Old March 20th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Thomas Borchert writes:

You saying "the earth is flat" would be about as meaningful.

It sure looks flat to me.

Old March 20th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Thomas Borchert writes:

You saying "the earth is flat" would be about as meaningful.

It sure looks flat to me.

No doubt..

Bertie
Old March 20th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

john smith wrote:
Two A380's will be arriving in America simultaneously Monday, March 19
to test the handling facilities at JFK (Lufthansa) and LAX (Quantas).

I was watching the Lufthansa flight on flightaware and waiting for 8940
to contact JFK approach on liveatc.net. One thing I thought was
interesting was the exchange

LH8940: JFK Approach Lufthansa 8940 Super descending to 12000 with PAPA
(or whatever the ATIS was).
Approach: Lufthansa 8940 Heavy descend and maintain 12000 cross XXX at
12000 maintain normal speed.
LH8940: Cross XXX at 12 maintain normal speed, Lufthansa 8940 Super.

What is up with the "Super" qualifier? I can't find that in the AIM. I
find Heavy but not Super. The Lufthansa pilot was very insistent on that.

KC
Old March 20th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Mar 20, 7:37 am, Kevin Clarke wrote:
john smith wrote:
Two A380's will be arriving in America simultaneously Monday, March 19
to test the handling facilities at JFK (Lufthansa) and LAX (Quantas).

I was watching the Lufthansa flight on flightaware and waiting for 8940
to contact JFK approach on liveatc.net. One thing I thought was
interesting was the exchange

LH8940: JFK Approach Lufthansa 8940 Super descending to 12000 with PAPA
(or whatever the ATIS was).
Approach: Lufthansa 8940 Heavy descend and maintain 12000 cross XXX at
12000 maintain normal speed.
LH8940: Cross XXX at 12 maintain normal speed, Lufthansa 8940 Super.

What is up with the "Super" qualifier? I can't find that in the AIM. I
find Heavy but not Super. The Lufthansa pilot was very insistent on that.

KC

Considering how much they spent on that airplane, maybe they want a
special callsign?

- or - Maybe some slick Airbus marketing type said they could use it?

Montblack, jump in here anytime with your hypothesis...

Airbus A380 in Arizona User General Aviation 54 December 8th 06 09:12 PM
Airbus A380 Update john smith Piloting 2 September 19th 06 05:20 PM
Airbus A380 whistleblower article Guy Elden Jr Piloting 12 October 5th 05 12:56 AM
Abacus Airbus A380 add on. Deputy Dog Simulators 0 September 13th 05 11:26 PM
Airbus A380 water purification john smith Piloting 1 July 7th 05 02:50 AM