Nephi UT OLC and XC Camp

Old August 8th 13, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Nephi UT OLC and XC Camp

Check OLC for some great flying last few days.

Nice write in the Salt Lake Paper

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...-utah.html.csp

Way to go Bruno and the Utah Soaring Association

Old August 9th 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:19:19 PM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:
Check OLC for some great flying last few days.

Nice write in the Salt Lake Paper

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...-utah.html.csp

Way to go Bruno and the Utah Soaring Association

I have been in Nephi since last Sunday. It has been great flying and the community has been very supporting. The Mayor of Nephi thanked us too many times for coming. Again great community support. Usually the county officials come to the pilots meetings and tell you what you can't do, these officials came and asked what they could do to help.

The airport is NOTEMED out from 11:00 to 3:00 for launches.

Thanks Nephi

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old August 11th 13, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tom and I left Nephi today to continue our soaring safari (we've just arrived in Driggs, ID). We had Three very rewarding flights. Anyone who uses Facebook can see occasional posts by us at "la dOLCe vita".

Agree entirely with Ron: the Nephi contest/OLC camp was very nicely organized and flying there is a great experience. We plan to return next time they have tows available!

Thanks to Bruno, Tim, Lynn, Beth Ann and line crew/tow pilots. The organization was apparent and the fellow pilots fun to fly with. Fred
Old August 11th 13, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Saturday, 10 August 2013 21:22:12 UTC-6, wrote:
Tom and I left Nephi today to continue our soaring safari (we've just arrived in Driggs, ID). We had Three very rewarding flights. Anyone who uses Facebook can see occasional posts by us at "la dOLCe vita".

Agree entirely with Ron: the Nephi contest/OLC camp was very nicely organized and flying there is a great experience. We plan to return next time they have tows available!

Thanks to Bruno, Tim, Lynn, Beth Ann and line crew/tow pilots. The organization was apparent and the fellow pilots fun to fly with. Fred

I had the opportunity to get to Nephi on Friday 8-9-2013 to fly with Lynn Alley in his Duo Discus. Along with the great flying it was obvious the amount of planning and effort that was put into the organization of this XC Camp. The event hangar was great, good pilots meetings and easy to get around the airport to the gliders, stage, take off and the ground crew was there when we landed.

On Saturday the Utah Soaring Association had everything setup for an open house with good parking for the publlic, two gliders on display with the club Grob available for fondling and trying out the cockpit. Sound system announcing the take off, soaring information and music in between.

Local photographer had climbed to the top of Mt Nebo a couple of days prior and was showing off some great photos.

All the pilots and public I spoke with were happy with the flying, organization and the facilities.

How was the flying? http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...&d-2348235-s=0 for all the details!

Fly(s) in the ointment? I heard some people wanted more postings on the SSA and or RAS sites, Bruno is aware of this and had good intentions but the day-to-day operations were taking priority. The second was the cross winds during landing. Nothing that can be about these with the weather that was over the area, the pilots made due and made good decisions to either land on the runway, on the smooth grass next to the runway or an adjacent field to the airport.

Hope future events are held at this location

Ron Gleason

Nephi Utah OLC/Cross Country Camp (Aug 7-11) Official Update #1 [email protected] Soaring 6 April 22nd 13 04:53 AM
Announcing Nephi, Utah OLC/Cross Country Camp Aug 7-11 [email protected] Soaring 6 January 21st 13 06:00 AM
SoaringNV revitalizes Wave Camp tradition. Camp to be held March 30to April 3 FlyGirl Soaring 0 March 11th 10 07:25 PM
ELY Camp Rick Soaring 0 April 13th 05 07:25 PM
XC Camp For Example John Smith Soaring 3 January 6th 05 02:54 PM