Looking for cheap power 4 short strip.

Old September 9th 05, 02:02 AM
On-Condition

Default Looking for cheap power 4 short strip.

What AFFORDABLE airplane exists that would be like a tandem
Aeronca 7 or SuperCub but with a 300hp engine (or close to it)?
I was even thinking of Pitts but my strip is not only short
it's also rough.

Thanks.
Old September 9th 05, 02:40 PM
stol

hhhmmmm......

Ben Haas
www.haaspowerair.com

Old September 11th 05, 03:21 AM
On-Condition

stol wrote:
hhhmmmm......

That ch801 looks neat, good price too, but it's not tandem.

What weight/horsepower is your 302?

Ben Haas
www.haaspowerair.com

Old September 11th 05, 03:32 AM
On-Condition

Cy Galley wrote:
How about a Murphy Super Rebel with the Russia Radial?

Too much airplane for the engine ;-)

Old September 11th 05, 08:18 AM
stol

The 302 is stroked to 347 cu in. The complete weight firewall forward
is 438 lbs. Thats including everything !!!!!! Horsepower can be
anything from 150 to 500 +. In its present state I am tuned to about
310 sea level hp....