T-6 accident

Old November 21st 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default T-6 accident

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Cool. Not a lot you can do when you leave a wreck somewhere anyway
but own up.
Wonder what he'd make of his countrymen's craze for burying vintage
aircraft.

Bertie

It's been a mess over there for sure. That last Hurricane was a real
shame. I lost three friends in the UK in unrelated accidents in the
last several years. Ted Girdler (ex- Red Arrow 1972 was killed several
years ago doing a show, and Ormond Hayden-Bailee was killed several
years ago. Both were in the old IFPF as charter members. Hoof
Proudfoot dug a hole at Duxford with a P38 doing a double roll.
Another first rate display pilot gone.
The list gets larger every year it seems.

eah, I saw Proubfoot display that -38 and I have to say I was less than
impressed. Loops were done with precious little room and he was doing
fairly low rolls pointed right at the crowd. This was at the 50th anniv
of D-day so was June 1994, about a year before he crashed it. I also
recently saw that RN guy who keeps crashing airplanes display a
Skyraider. To be fair he didn;t get as low as I've seen him do in the
past, but still, it all just didn;t look right and I thought it was all
kind of pointless, especailly since the airplane was fairly ugly anyway!

Bertie

First lesson 101 for display flying;

The crowd is split between those who don't appreciate the difference
between 500 feet and 50 feet, and those who do appreciate the difference
are the ones you don't need to please.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 21st 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

[...]

Well, looks like he might have finally learned that, or the CAA finally
put the skids on him.
I mentioned my friend that's displaying there now. He was telling me
about His certification. He's very disciplined and prepares extremely
well for his shows. He was telling me that the examiner or whatever he'd
be called there commented that his is the direction they would like to
go, so obviously they've also realised things have to change. Mind you,
this was before the Hurricane accident so maybe not.
I think the problem there is that people are easily bullied by the likes
of Beattie, the CAA included. I knew an RAF pilot, for instance. The man
shouldn't have been let anywhere near any kind of airplane. Even a chuck
glider was well beyond this guy, but he spoke proper and managed to pile
up bull**** and so rose to a very high position in the RAF. After he
left he became a management pilot at a big UK airline. Well, for a
while. After a series of incidents someone eventually figured out that
he was useless and he was eventaully hounded out of the place, but in
the meantime , whew!

Bertie

Old November 21st 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:
[...]

This kind of thing happens.

There are a lot of us out here who are and were connected with display
flying who "talk" to each other via email all the time. Many of us in
this loop are still active. Some are air show people; some are military;
some are race pilots some are Red Bull pilots. We're in no way
"official", but we communicate all the time. Official or not, we have a
deep reach into official channels in several countries and much of what
we discuss safety wise ends up implemented in some way into the way
things are done.
My own personal feelings about air show safety have evolved somewhat
from my active days as a pilot. The safety issues are very real and are
deserving of constant attention by the display community.
I for one don't have all the answers. I keep active and at least have a
small voice in the matter.
Anyway, it keeps me hopping sometimes :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 21st 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

[...]

Well, the hopping bit is good anyway!

Bertie

Old November 21st 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Also, I drink Jameson.

In moderation most of the time...
Old November 21st 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
His example... "********ed it up", you already know. but he could have
also said " I made a ******** of it" and it's likely he exclaimed
"********" as his wing touched the runway. Pretty much just **** or ****
in US english.
If someone were to tell you something of which you doubt the veracity
you might say to him "that's ********" in fact it's pretty much a
direct substitute for bull**** or horse ****.
Yet another use is "He's a ********" which is pretty much a straight
swap (or swop of one prefers) for ******* or similar.
You can also give or recieve a bollocking. This roughly translates into
getting a new one torn. Past tense, bollocked.
You can also be ********ed, which means you are very tired. This is not
so common as it more common to say "I'm knackered" which means wrecked,
but ********ed can also be used in more extreme cases of knackeredness.
Can also mean getting drunk in some circles, though that's usually
getting ****ed as I'm sure you know.
And last but not least when some ******** makes a ******** of something
the best think to do is to kick him square in the ********.

Also spelled Bollox and Bollix. If there;s a difference between the
three I'm not aware of it.

I think that's fairly accurate, though it's more than likely some
******** will come along and correct me.

Never mind the ********, here's the bunyip!
Old November 22nd 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in news:4744bfdc$0$27496$804603d3
@auth.newsreader.iphouse.com:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Also, I drink Jameson.

In moderation most of the time...

Most of the time..

I'll drink anything in a pinch, though. Had som Sliebowitz (sp?) there a
few weeks ago. Like lighter fluid, but makes you nice and warm inside,
alright.

Bertie
Old November 22nd 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in
ouse.com:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Xachery!

And one more, "He thinks he's the ********" Which is the commonly
shortened version of "thinks he's the dog's bolocks" , the dog's
******** being a superlative.
A good car can be the dog's ********, for instance.

Such a subtle and wonderful culture.

Bertie

Old November 22nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

Ever drink grappa? I've tried a couple of different brands, and they
all tasted like essence of used sweat socks.

Yeah, I'm not gone on the stuff, that's for sure!

On the other hand, I got a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue as a present-
the stuff was unbelievable!

Niiice.

Bertie

A Sad Accident RL Anderson Piloting 29 October 20th 07 08:14 PM
F6F accident Larry Cauble Naval Aviation 4 October 14th 05 06:19 PM
C-130 accident Jay Honeck Piloting 28 January 11th 05 06:52 PM
MU2 accident Big John Piloting 16 April 13th 04 03:58 AM
KC-135 accident Big John Piloting 3 November 19th 03 04:36 PM