Tall Pilot---Would a 7 footer fit in a Piper Archer

Old August 23rd 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Tall Pilot---Would a 7 footer fit in a Piper Archer

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I'm just wondering if I can fly with a
friend who's 7 feet even. I'm short so I have no way to estimate
this. Any taller folks care to venture an opinion ?

Thanks
Old August 25th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_1_]

Actually, he might if the Archer has the adjustable seats (up and
down)

My partner is 6-4 with a long torso/short (er) legs. He fits, and the
seat still has a ways to go back...

We have a '76 Warrior....

He will have to "try it on" (the plane that is)

Dave

Old August 25th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

On Aug 22, 7:55 pm, wrote:
Maybe this sounds crazy, but I'm just wondering if I can fly with a
friend who's 7 feet even. I'm short so I have no way to estimate
this. Any taller folks care to venture an opinion ?

Thanks

I'm 6'4" and my Arrow was fine for me but 7' is pretty doubtful.
Remember that a normal headset can add a couple more inches to the
space needed unless you have one of the new super-light versions
(Clarity Aloft, for example).
Old August 25th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thanks for all your comments. Good point about making sure I can move
the yoke. BTW, I wasn't so clear, I should have written Short Pilot,
Tall passenger !!! I would NOT want to see a 7 footer climb into the
pilot seat of an Archer, especially if I own that Archer !!! I'll let
you know what happens when I visit him. Thanks again !!! add a couple

Old August 26th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

If most of your 7' passenger's unusual height is in his legs, you might try
removing the copilot seat and letting him sit in the right rear passenger
seat.

--
Best Regards,
Mike