Where to pick up passengers at HPN?

Old August 20th 04, 09:49 PM
Roberto Waltman

Default Where to pick up passengers at HPN?

Hello,

Tomorrow I am planning to fly from 4N1, (Greenwood Lake, NJ,) to HPN
(Westchester Cty, NY, ), to pick up a passenger, do a small tour and
fly back to 4N1. (Assuming the weather turns out to be better than
forecasted...)

I have never flown to HPN before. The passenger (my daughter) will be
driven to the airport by people that are not familiar with it either.

What is a good place/FBO to meet? (Easy to find from both land and
air, bathrooms, etc.)

Thanks,

Roberto Waltman.

Roberto Waltman

[Please reply to the newsgroup,
invalid return address]
Old August 20th 04, 11:06 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Roberto Waltman" wrote in
message news
Hello,

Tomorrow I am planning to fly from 4N1, (Greenwood Lake, NJ,) to HPN
(Westchester Cty, NY, ), to pick up a passenger, do a small tour and
fly back to 4N1. (Assuming the weather turns out to be better than
forecasted...)

I have never flown to HPN before. The passenger (my daughter) will be
driven to the airport by people that are not familiar with it either.

What is a good place/FBO to meet? (Easy to find from both land and
air, bathrooms, etc.)

It would either be Westair or Panorama Flight Service. I don't know what
they charge, if anything, or if they waive it when getting fuel because I am
based there and they never charge me. I would start with Westair, call them
at 913-946-0100 and ask. Both are easy to get to, but remember they are on
the opposite side of the field from the main passenger terminal. They can
give you directions but let me know if it's confusing and I will clarify for
you as I know the area.

Peter

Old August 21st 04, 02:40 AM
John Clonts

"Roberto Waltman" wrote in message
news
Hello,

Tomorrow I am planning to fly from 4N1, (Greenwood Lake, NJ,) to HPN
(Westchester Cty, NY, ), to pick up a passenger, do a small tour and
fly back to 4N1. (Assuming the weather turns out to be better than
forecasted...)

I have never flown to HPN before. The passenger (my daughter) will be
driven to the airport by people that are not familiar with it either.

What is a good place/FBO to meet? (Easy to find from both land and
air, bathrooms, etc.)

Thanks,

Roberto Waltman.

www.airnav.com/airport/hpn Seems to give a BIG advantage to Panorama (but then they are a paying customer of
airnav's).

Old August 21st 04, 03:36 PM
Roberto Waltman

Thanks for the answers. Only it seems the flight will
be replaced by a 3 hour drive, due to the weather.

Old August 21st 04, 04:53 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Roberto Waltman" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for the answers. Only it seems the flight will
be replaced by a 3 hour drive, due to the weather.

That's been happening a lot around here lately. 10% VMC, 50% IMC, and 40%
for only heavy iron, with extensive delays. At least that's what it seems.

Still, hard to complain, after what Florida went through.

Old August 21st 04, 05:28 PM
Rosspilot

But starting tomorrow, it appears we will have a full week of moderate temps
and partly cloudy VFR weather. I'm going to Maine on Monday :-)

www.Rosspilot.com

Old August 21st 04, 05:58 PM
Rosspilot

I might be heading that way also, to 3B5 for some seaplane flying.

Going to B19 (Biddeford) . . . Old Orchard Beach . . . gonna be playin' my
guitar there . . .

www.Rosspilot.com

Old August 22nd 04, 05:52 PM
C Kingsbury

Roberto Waltman wrote in message . ..

What is a good place/FBO to meet? (Easy to find from both land and
air, bathrooms, etc.)

For what it's worth, my one experience at Panorama in a 172 was very
good. They were happy to have a lineman drive us to a local deli and
wait while we bought some sandwiches, and all we did was buy 20
gallons of fuel. Nice to get that sort of treatment at a place as big
as HPN.

-cwk.