Need to borrow/rent EDS O2 system for SC Nats in Parowan

Old January 23rd 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default Need to borrow/rent EDS O2 system for SC Nats in Parowan

I'm planning to fly my first oxygen-required contest this year at the
Parowan sports class nationals in June of this year. Anyone out there
have an EDS pulse-ox system they'd be willing to loan/rent to me for
the month of June?

I already have an O2 bottle and a primary regulator (aerox) - just
need the EDS magic box

TIA,

Frank (TA)
Old January 23rd 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Jan 22, 6:53*pm, Frank wrote:
I'm planning to fly my first oxygen-required contest this year at the
Parowan sports class nationals in June of this year. *Anyone out there
have an EDS pulse-ox system they'd be willing to loan/rent to me for
the month of June?

I already have an O2 bottle and a primary regulator (aerox) - just
need the EDS magic box

TIA,

Frank (TA)

Frank,

I'm a dealer for Hountain High. Contact me.

Mike Bamberg
(503) 781-1297
Old January 23rd 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_5_]

Frank:

Make sure your Aerox regulator is adjusted down to the pressure that
feeds the magic box. Otherwise you'll blow it up the first day and be
outta luck. Fred
Old January 23rd 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Frank:
Contest flying isn't about using the whole day, so...If you already
have an O2 cylinder and regulator and won't be using the system much
after the contest, why not complete the system with a flow meter and
cannula?
Many of us flew / continue to fly the Western states without the MH
system. You can get 2x ~500k flights on a 13 Cu Ft cylinder with
careful use of an Oxy-miser or Oxy-saver cannula. It's about 4x ~500k
flights with my current MH system and 13 cu ft cylinder, which helps
if there is no O2 fill available. If you had the normal old 22 Cu Ft
cylinder, you'd be laughing, but I believe you have a 29.
Total expense will be less than a hundred dollars, and it's yours
forever.
Jim
Old January 23rd 10, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Jan 22, 8:34*pm, JS wrote:
Frank:
* Contest flying isn't about using the whole day, so...If you already
have an O2 cylinder and regulator and won't be using the system much
after the contest, why not complete the system with a flow meter and
cannula?
* Many of us flew / continue to fly the Western states without the MH
system. You can get 2x ~500k flights on a 13 Cu Ft cylinder with
careful use of an Oxy-miser or Oxy-saver cannula. It's about 4x ~500k
flights with my current MH system and 13 cu ft cylinder, which helps
if there is no O2 fill available. If you had the normal old 22 Cu Ft
cylinder, you'd be laughing, but I believe you have a 29.
* Total expense will be less than a hundred dollars, and it's yours
forever.
Jim

Frank,

Jim is correct about the "standard" system. If you're looking for
just the meter and cannula, I can get those for you too.

Mike
Old January 23rd 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Frank,
Thats like asking to borrow someone's gas mask! One night at Ton Son
Nuhte the smell of tear gas was quite strong, so I went around asking
if I could borrow a gas mask.....................the looks I got were
priceless.............if you need one, so do I.

I do have a flow meter and canula that your welcome to borrow,
JJ
Old January 23rd 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

On Jan 23, 9:22*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Frank,
Thats like asking to borrow someone's gas mask! One night at Ton Son
Nuhte the smell of tear gas was quite strong, so I went around asking
if I could borrow a gas mask.....................the looks I got were
priceless.............if you need one, so do I.

I do have a flow meter and canula that your welcome to borrow,
JJ

All,

I already have the oxymizer cannula and the Aerox flow meter, and I
plan to use them if nothing else better (like an EDS system) comes
along. I understand that the Aerox system does pretty well, and I
don't want to spend a big part of a kilobuck for something I'll almost
never use (Ohio not being known for oxygyen soaring altitudes).
However, the obsessive-compulsive engineering side of me has
difficulty with giving up on the obvious advantages of the EDS system
over the Aerox one.

TA
Old January 23rd 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Frank wrote:
[...]

Well, you could buy an EDS, then sell it at the end of the contest.