Bible-beater pilots

Old November 21st 03, 06:56 PM
Jay Honeck

So be nice to those missionaries. The person you are being polite to might
just be yourself. :-)

Augh! Paradox! Illogic!

Must...sterilize...sterilize...sterilize...

I.....AM.....NOMAD.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 21st 03, 06:56 PM
Jim

That reminds me of an instance when Dave Obey came back to our home town
from Washington to walk in the annual parade. He stepped up on our porch
and asked me for his support and I quickly told him I was proud to be
Canadian (I'm not Canadian) but it shut him up in a hurry.

--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"One's Too Many" wrote in message
om...
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Anyone ever run into this before? What did you do?

I was raised with a Catholic mother and a Baptist father and while
moderately religous myself, I do not like to be preached at like that
at all. I usually look them straight in the eye and tell them I am
Jewish. That usually shuts them up instantly.

Old November 21st 03, 07:11 PM
Jim

I once had a friend (he's dead now) that would call me up when he got a
"cold-caller" phone call, he'd put the salesman on conference call with both
of us and we'd rake the guy over the coals. One time it was a woman and my
friend and I acted like we were taking auditions for a 1-900 phone sex
company. I'll give the girl credit, she had a great sense of humor and
played along.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Sometimes it's the funnest part of my day.

You're not a well man, Jim.

'Course, that's why I like you! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 21st 03, 07:15 PM
Gilles KERMARC

Blanche Cohen wrote:
At this point I think the issue is less of "witnessing" or
prostelyzing (sp? can't find it in my dictionary)

Proselytise.

While we're on the topic of spelling : Jay, it's Prairie du Chien (not
Chein).

Old November 21st 03, 07:38 PM
Montblack

Brian Cox
Pilot, and (I guess) Bible Beater

Bible Beaters are fine.

It's the Floor Floppers who are a pain. But, whatever floats their Ark.

--
Montblack

Old November 21st 03, 07:50 PM
Montblack

("Robert Perkins" wrote)
snip
I think if Thomas is willing to *say* "Oops" at that moment, that'll
speak very favorably to him.

Me? I plan on pulling Buck Henry and James Mason aside and saying - Hey,
you guys made a mistake!

Heaven Can Wait (1978)

--
Montblack
"I like to watch"

Old November 21st 03, 07:52 PM
Chris W

Jay Honeck wrote:

So be nice to those missionaries. The person you are being polite to might
just be yourself. :-)

Augh! Paradox! Illogic!

Must...sterilize...sterilize...sterilize...

I.....AM.....NOMAD.

That's my favorite episode

--
Chris W

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania

Old November 21st 03, 08:02 PM
Montblack

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1BB21B96
NETSCAN REPORT ....for rec.aviation.piloting.
Results for the year of 2003, up to 9/30/2003

--
Montblack

("Tony Cox" wrote)
Oh boy is this one going to run and run...
What's the betting we'll get more posts than the
JFK thread??

Old November 21st 03, 08:02 PM
Randy Wentzel

According to the Hitchhiker's Guide, the Babel fish was put forth as an
example for the non-existence of God:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and

without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not

have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so
therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D.."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in

a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that

black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra
crossing.

42?

--Randy